Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will copper BBs ruin an air pistol barrel?

Go down

Will copper BBs ruin an air pistol barrel? Empty Will copper BBs ruin an air pistol barrel?

Post by CO1Mtn 3/2/2021, 4:51 pm

I just bought an air pistol from someone. Do I need to shoot lead wadcutter pellets or can I shoot copper .177 BBs? Will the BBs ruin the barrel? It is a rifled barrel.
CO1Mtn
CO1Mtn

Back to top Go down

Will copper BBs ruin an air pistol barrel? Empty Re: Will copper BBs ruin an air pistol barrel?

Post by TonyH 3/2/2021, 5:05 pm

If it’s a rifled barrel, don’t shoot Copper or steel BB’s. Any type of 0.177 lead pellet should be fine.
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Will copper BBs ruin an air pistol barrel? Empty Re: Will copper BBs ruin an air pistol barrel?

Post by bruce martindale 3/2/2021, 6:08 pm

Ditto, the barrels are usually soft but with tight tolerances. BBs not so much.  I Wouldn't do it

bruce martindale

Back to top Go down

Post by troystaten 3/3/2021, 12:13 am

You can get lead BB's if you want.

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxturtle 3/3/2021, 6:17 am

I don't think there are any copper BBs.  They are steel with a copper flash to prevent rust.

Boxturtle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum