Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bass Pro Shop in Utica NY got an ammo dump today

Go down

Bass Pro Shop in Utica NY got an ammo dump today Empty Bass Pro Shop in Utica NY got an ammo dump today

Post by Gustavo1957 Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:55 pm

Spring is in the air with more ammo at "semi old - normal" prices. Limit of 5 boxes was reasonable. If you had their CC you could get 8 boxes.

Sharing for info only.  Hope young shooters don't get disappointed and stop shooting.

Browning was .06/round 

CCI was $9.99 / 100.  Previously at Walmart it was $7.97

SIG .38 Super +P  was $25.99 / 50 - reasonable. Internet sites list it at $1/round.. 

Lots of Remington 25 & 32 auto.

Gustavo1957

bruce martindale likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bass Pro Shop in Utica NY got an ammo dump today Empty Re: Bass Pro Shop in Utica NY got an ammo dump today

Post by Allgoodhits Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:28 pm

Gustavo1957,

I shared this intel with a friend who lives in Whitesboro. He went to the Bass Pro in Utica the next day. No one there, including the manager that he insisted on speaking to, knew anything about receiving a shipment of ammo.

Was your info first hand or relayed to you? Something doesn't add up.

Cheers.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Bass Pro Shop in Utica NY got an ammo dump today Empty Re: Bass Pro Shop in Utica NY got an ammo dump today

Post by Gustavo1957 Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:44 pm

Hello,

I drove to Utica, NY on 3/3 to get my 1st Covid shot over an hour from my house. My LGS has no ammo at all. So as not to waste gas I stopped at the Bass Pro Shop ahead of time . Sales Tax there is 8.75% = crazy...  AX Tactical doesn't has no ammo any more in that area. Bass Pro Shop did. I was surprised as you and your friend.... I posted my sales slip if that helps. The Bass Pro Shop in Auburn further west had no ammo that day but did have 300 Weatherby Magnum dies at $ 44.99 which I needed  was very good. They had a good selection of dies.  

What are you looking for?   What are prices and supply like in VA near you? 

My cousin in PA went to the Gettysburg gun show today near the MD border. SPP were $180/1000. .22LR's: Thunderbolts  were $120/brick ; Aguila HV $100/brick..  Rifle hunting rounds 30/30; 30/06 & 270 were $60 for boxes fo 20... selling out. Chantilly gun show cancelled I heard. 

Sharing info helps - TY
Attachments
Bass Pro Shop in Utica NY got an ammo dump today Attachment
IMG_5783.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(43 Kb) Downloaded 15 times

Gustavo1957

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:10 pm

Not to stay on this commercial thread, but yes ammo and components are a problem. I notified my friend in Whitesboro about your post. He went the next day, and like I said the BP Shop people denied any knowledge of ammo. Even the manger made said claim. Who the heck knows any more. Thanks for trying to help out.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by Gustavo1957 Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:25 pm

Very time consuming driving miles and mile across the state looking for ammo and components. I had to go to western NY  to help my older sister out and hit as many places as possible. Then come back by 3:30 to Utica for my shot. 

I was told by a local auctioneer that older folks are standing at his door to bid as they don't have computers and internet. That's what is driving prices up - people are willing to pay higher prices as they don't want to spend the time driving around to small shops who have no inventory. It's going to drive the  small LGS's out. With no ammo nobody will buy their guns.. 

I'm trying to share ammo & components with fellow team shooters and give the extra .22's  to junior shooters. Without juniors we won't have up and coming shooters....

Gustavo1957

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum