Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Article on Pachmayr Signature Model custom 1911

5 posters

Go down

Article on Pachmayr Signature Model custom 1911 Empty Article on Pachmayr Signature Model custom 1911

Post by Sa-tevp Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:40 pm

Lots of details on Frank Pachmayr custom 1911 in an American Handgunner July/August 1988 article. Neat to see gunsmithing details with explanations.

Starts on page 44:
https://americanhandgunner.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/HJA88.pdf
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Larryb likes this post

Back to top Go down

Article on Pachmayr Signature Model custom 1911 Empty Re: Article on Pachmayr Signature Model custom 1911

Post by troystaten Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:27 am

Interesting article, thanks for sharing it.

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Article on Pachmayr Signature Model custom 1911 Empty Re: Article on Pachmayr Signature Model custom 1911

Post by Jon Eulette Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:12 am

I’ve rebuilt four Pachmayr pistols over the years. Very intriguing guns. I would take a modern build over the old versions.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:08 am

Reminds me of Clarks Heavy slide with Tuner, ways to deal with different stages of wear on out of spec guns. They're effective but old school and will have to be dealt with sometime in their future life span.
 I question the Pachmeyer's way of dealing with head space and short cases. Would this make that big a difference in accuracy? If it did, wouldn't all pistols built today need the ball bearing and spring idea.
 I think we have better metals and machining processes from our factories now days. Just my opinion.
 Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Merick Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:56 pm

An interesting article, but even though there was an ad for ransom rests in the magazine, no testing data was included.

I think that ball bearing thing would be slammed back immediately on ignition.  Like most other innovations, probably a reason why they aren't around now.

Merick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down