Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

38 ammo question

4 posters

Go down

38 ammo question Empty 38 ammo question

Post by Kansas Sensei 3/18/2021, 3:14 pm

My son picked me up some 38 special ammo. They are 38 Special Wad Cutters. I have never heard of this ammo. Can one of you seasoned members tell me what this is? Can I shoot this in my Rock Island M200 38 revolver? Is it good as a defensive round? And anything else you might feel is beneficial.

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

Kansas Sensei

Back to top Go down

38 ammo question Empty Re: 38 ammo question

Post by NuJudge 3/18/2021, 3:46 pm

Most “wadcutter” ammo is relatively low powered.  The bullets are shaped like cylinders, and cut clearly defined circles of paper out of targets, hence the name. They are easily controlled in small, light pistols, and are better than most in small, light pistols.

NuJudge

Back to top Go down

Post by spursnguns 3/18/2021, 4:44 pm

Hello Kansas Sensei,

.38 Special wadcutter cartridges are typically considered "target" ammunition, albeit there is quite a bit of variation in their quality (accuracy) depending on who the manufacturer is.  Nonetheless, they will be fine in your revolver.  While not designed to be defensive ammunition, by todays standards, back in the day we used them in snub-nosed backup revolvers with fine results.

Jim
spursnguns
spursnguns

Kansas Sensei likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mustachio 3/19/2021, 9:39 am

I have shot 10's of 1000's in my target guns and they are quite accurate with the right load. I, however would NOT like to be shot by one...they make nice big holes going in.
mustachio
mustachio

Kansas Sensei likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kansas Sensei 3/21/2021, 8:53 pm

Thank you to those who were kind enough to take their time to answer my question.

Kansas Sensei

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down