Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini GT45 Issue

5 posters

Go down

Pardini GT45 Issue Empty Pardini GT45 Issue

Post by ChrisD Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:52 am

I ran across an issue with my GT45 that has me stumped.  

This is a 2020 model recently purchased new directly from the factory in Italy, that I only had time to put about 100 rounds through before being locked down due to Corona closures.

Last night at the range I put 15 rounds down range with no issue, loaded up the magazine and went to shoot but the trigger was frozen, dropped the magazine and tried to cycle the slide to eject the round, no luck it was frozen too.  Checked the safety and it was off but still unable to shoot.  After our shooting team coach took a look at it we decided to call our local gunsmith, he is going to come out this Saturday to the range and see what is going on.  Pistol is on safe and locked in the safe at the range.

Has anyone come across an issue like this?
ChrisD
ChrisD

Back to top Go down

Pardini GT45 Issue Empty Re: Pardini GT45 Issue

Post by ChrisD Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:28 pm

Determined the issue that one of the cases had a mm larger lip that prevented the pistol from shooting.  Everything was in tolerance when we made the bullets so was surprised.  Seems the GT45 is as picky as people had said.
ChrisD
ChrisD

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:44 pm

Greetings,

1mm (0.04") is a lot of variation!

What Brand was the ammunition?

Cheers,

David
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisD Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:06 pm

We were testing different loads to see what worked best.  My Buddy had all the hardware and the equipment.  He is in Turkey right now on a job but have texted him to find out what he thinks.  Not exactly sure what happened as we only made 40 rounds on a single stage press.  Put 100 rounds through it today with factory made Remington with zero issues.
ChrisD
ChrisD

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:16 pm

Once (and only once) I accidentally switched the seating and crimping dies in the Dillon Square Deal B. I should have stopped when my I had to make a large adjustment to the "seating" die to get the right COAL, but it was the night before leaving for Canton and Camp Perry (of course), so I just kept loading.

The result was the cases flared out (I was probably flaring too much also). Interesting, not every round stuck in the chamber, but enough that it was un-usable.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:28 pm

Just last year I had a similar issue with a brand new 9mm Springfield xdm. I had loaded up some Brazos bullets that have a slightly different profile than the acme bullets I had used in the past.  The nose on the Brazos bullet is larger.  Anyways they look similar and they loaded similar and I didn’t make any adjustment to the loading procedure.  They would function fine but several times the slide was locked up to the point I couldn’t cycle it by hand.  It would fire and function so I didn’t give it too much thought until the gun was out of battery once so it wouldn’t fire and I couldn’t cycle so I was somewhat stuck.  To make things worse, I did move the slide forward enough that I got the trigger to operate but it didn’t fire.  So I had a gun with a live round in the chamber, striker was forward and the slide was stuck. I didn’t like this idea but my only option was to use a rod down the barrel pressed against the bench and that got it free.  
 Fwiw this load worked without issue in a xdm 5.25 as well as a carry gun so my new gun was part of the problem and I surmise its chamber might be slightly short or tight.  I did try and run a couple hundred fmj bullets through the gun to see if it just a bit rough from manufacture but the Brazos were still too tight.  My solution was to increase the seating depth slightly run the rounds through that again and no problems since.  

Good luck,
John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:37 am

A prime example of why I'm hesitant to toss out MY loading data to the net.
The O.A.L. supplied by a bullet mfgr. should ONLY be used with THAT bullet.
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down