Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTB Steyr LP fill adapter

Go down

WTB  Steyr LP fill adapter Empty WTB Steyr LP fill adapter

Post by Ray Dash 3/21/2021, 5:33 pm

Looking to see if anyone has a best fitting fill adapter for the Steyr LP that they want to sell.
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

WTB  Steyr LP fill adapter Empty Re: WTB Steyr LP fill adapter

Post by jglenn21 3/22/2021, 7:10 am

I have seen them on Ebay
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 3/22/2021, 7:55 am

You might try Pilkguns.com
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigB5940 3/22/2021, 9:51 am

Ray,

Are you using a 300 BAR DIN tank and valve? If you are this thread may help:

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/uh-oh-new-pistol-cant-fill/

Look for this comment:

"I had the same problem with my LP 10. I ordered my adapter from Best fittings UK. It’s a little longer than the one that comes with the pistol. I wanted to shoot mine too, so I stacked two metal washers and two o rings of the proper size to take up the space (washer oring washer oring )Worked great until the new adapter showed up."

I had the same problem, I turned a brass washer faced to take a sealing O ring. This allows the shorter 200 BAR fitting that comes with the Pistol to fit into a 300 BAR DIN tank valve. It's designed this way so that you can't get a 200 BAR fitting into a 300 BAR valve for safety reasons-the 200 BAR adapter is designed to leak if used in a 300 BAR valve. The washer and O ring trick allows the shorter 200 BAR adapter you have to fill a 200 BAR rated tank from the 300 BAR valve. For safety reasons you have to CRACK the valve open and let it fill SLOWLY to the end of your pistols tank gauge. I've done this for six years and never overfilled the 200 BAR pistol tank from my 300 BAR SCUBA cylinder.

BTW, I'm hoping Pilkguns calls this week telling me my LP 50 is on the way like yours is!

Good Luck

CraigB5940

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Dash 3/22/2021, 11:23 am

CraigB5940 wrote:Ray,

Are you using a 300 BAR DIN tank and valve? If you are this thread may help:

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/uh-oh-new-pistol-cant-fill/

Look for this comment:

"I had the same problem with my LP 10. I ordered my adapter from Best fittings UK. It’s a little longer than the one that comes with the pistol. I wanted to shoot mine too, so I stacked two metal washers and two o rings of the proper size to take up the space (washer oring washer oring )Worked great until the new adapter showed up."

I had the same problem, I turned a brass washer faced to take a sealing O ring. This allows the shorter 200 BAR fitting that comes with the Pistol to fit into a 300 BAR DIN tank valve. It's designed this way so that you can't get a 200 BAR fitting into a 300 BAR valve for safety reasons-the 200 BAR adapter is designed to leak if used in a 300 BAR valve. The washer and O ring trick allows the shorter 200 BAR adapter you have to fill a 200 BAR rated tank from the 300 BAR valve. For safety reasons you have to CRACK the valve open and let it fill SLOWLY to the end of your pistols tank gauge. I've done this for six years and never overfilled the 200 BAR pistol tank from my 300 BAR SCUBA cylinder.

BTW, I'm hoping Pilkguns calls this week telling me my LP 50 is on the way like yours is!

Good Luck
No I am just using a hand pump for now and may get a compressor down the road.
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigB5940 3/22/2021, 12:19 pm

OK then you are looking for this to couple to your pump right?

Air Venturi SS Female DIN Adapter With Male Quick-Disconnect | Pyramyd Air

CraigB5940

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Dash 3/22/2021, 3:44 pm

N o I have the Air Venturi adapter, I just like the best fitting fill adapter as it's drilled through and allows you to bleed the pump and then unscrew the cylinder.
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum