Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model 41 failure to fire

2 posters

Go down

Model 41 failure to fire Empty Model 41 failure to fire

Post by djw1cav 3/31/2021, 3:58 pm

I have a two year old Model 41 with about 5100 rounds fired.  On 4 or 5 occasions during this time the pistol would not fire.  I pulled the trigger and nothing happened.  I ejected the round (no firing pin dent) and loaded another and still nothing.  It has happened twice during a matches and I had to abandon the rim-fire portion of the match, OUCH.

Last week it happened during practice and I was able to do some investigating.  I found that the trigger would hit the trigger stop without releasing the hammer.  There was no resistance during trigger pull.  It behaved like a magazine was not in place to engage the trigger bar with the sear.  As a minimum I will give the pistol a good cleaning, but I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and if there are any suggested fixes?
Doug W

djw1cav

Back to top Go down

Model 41 failure to fire Empty Re: Model 41 failure to fire

Post by STEVE SAMELAK 3/31/2021, 4:23 pm

I had that happen in the past & found that I was bumping the safety just enough to stop the release but not enough to notice or stop the slide.
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

kc.crawford.7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by djw1cav 3/31/2021, 5:02 pm

STEVE SAMELAK wrote:I had that happen in the past & found that I was bumping the safety just enough to stop the release but not enough to notice or stop the slide.
Steve,
I used to have a problem bumping the safety too, so I bent the piece of metal that holds the safety to keep it in place.  I dont think I could engage the safety now if I wanted to.
Doug W

djw1cav

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down