Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Help - 1972 Victor 5.5" barrel weight

+2
Jack H
rcsch
6 posters

Go down

Need Help - 1972 Victor 5.5" barrel weight Empty Need Help - 1972 Victor 5.5" barrel weight

Post by rcsch Tue May 04, 2021 3:27 pm

Hello,
New here to the Bullseye-L Forum and thought I'd see if anyone out there can help this old retired shooter find an original Barrel weight for my old Victor. I bought the pistol back in 1974 and it never had one with it. I have always wanted one so when I found this site I had to ask. 
Any info or who to contact would be appreciated much.
Thanks for the time.
Roy

rcsch

Back to top Go down

Need Help - 1972 Victor 5.5" barrel weight Empty Re: Need Help - 1972 Victor 5.5" barrel weight

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2021 5:33 pm

Welcome to the forum, keep looking on e-bay, as they now have a 4 1/2 victor weight, for sale, it's expensive but does not mean they all will, $165.00 and it's not mint condition.
Also you could ask on the Rimfire Central Forum, as they have a specific forum for high standard pistols, and all rimfire pistols and rifles. You can also do a search on GB for them.
Possibly Numrich, may have them on occasion. Best of luck.

Back to top Go down

Need Help - 1972 Victor 5.5" barrel weight Empty Re: Need Help - 1972 Victor 5.5" barrel weight

Post by Jack H Tue May 04, 2021 5:45 pm

How far apart are the screw holes on the bottom.  Early weights were rounded and the 5.5" has wider screw spacing.  The round weights pictured on the left and centre are reproductions.  Need Help - 1972 Victor 5.5" barrel weight Weight11
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Need Help - 1972 Victor 5.5" barrel weight Empty victor weight

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2021 5:51 pm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154249921318?hash=item23ea030326:g:FlwAAOSw~bxf26Bc

The 5 1/2 Victor weight was flat radiused corners, and ribbed. I just sold my early 4 1/2 victor boxed on GB. 
I had looked for a sight rib for year, finally took a can of satin black spray paint to it, turned out amazing. Re assembling the rear sight was fun, after the paint job.

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunker Tue May 04, 2021 6:10 pm

Jack is correct the weight on the far right is the original Victor weight.  I was a subcontractor to Hamden CT and the first year of E.Hartford CT before they tanked financially.

Plunker

Back to top Go down

Post by swkovacs62 Tue May 04, 2021 8:17 pm

Hi, Roy. I recently had a conversation with someone who said he placed an order for a new Victor from https://www.highstandardofmt.com/victor
High Standard of Montana.  He said he has a couple of vintage Victors and I think he said that they'd get parts for him. It might be worth a phone call.  BTW - I have a 1964 Supermatic Trophy with both barrels and weights that my son is now shooting in a Jr. Pistol League. He's alongside shooters with Pardini's and holding his own. I'm sure you're heard this before but NEVER sell that gun. Best of luck in finding what you're looking for.

swkovacs62

Back to top Go down

Post by SonOfAGun Tue May 04, 2021 8:27 pm

https://interarmstx.com/product/barrel-weight-for-victor-pistols/
SonOfAGun
SonOfAGun

Back to top Go down

Post by rcsch Sun May 16, 2021 2:55 pm

Gentlemen; Sorry for being slow to answer back---
Thanks so much for the replies and advice.
Jack H. my screw holes are right at 1 & 18/32 as near as I can tell. Your pic on the right side is the style I remember and yours shown is the narrow screw spacing. I actually never had a weight but my Bullseye shooting Mentor -God rest his soul- had a 4.5 in victor and that was the weight he had. Awhile back I purchased one from Brownells and it was wrong -Interarms mfgr I'll bet. I watch Epay but most seem to be Texas - High Standard type.. 
Just something I thought I should have. Ya Know --Bucket list stuff LOL!!  
swkovacs62-- thanks for the link to the Montana HS - I'll look them up.
 smithfan4152,  SonOfAGun,  Plunker, and  Jack H, thanks again for the help. I do appreciate it.
Roy

rcsch

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H Sun May 16, 2021 4:04 pm

rcsch wrote:Gentlemen; Sorry for being slow to answer back---
Thanks so much for the replies and advice.
Jack H. my screw holes are right at 1 & 18/32 as near as I can tell. Your pic on the right side is the style I remember and yours shown is the narrow screw spacing. I actually never had a weight but my Bullseye shooting Mentor -God rest his soul- had a 4.5 in victor and that was the weight he had. Awhile back I purchased one from Brownells and it was wrong -Interarms mfgr I'll bet. I watch Epay but most seem to be Texas - High Standard type.. 
Just something I thought I should have. Ya Know --Bucket list stuff LOL!!  
swkovacs62-- thanks for the link to the Montana HS - I'll look them up.
 smithfan4152,  SonOfAGun,  Plunker, and  Jack H, thanks again for the help. I do appreciate it.
Roy
Roy,    With that hole spacing, you need one of these two:

Need Help - 1972 Victor 5.5" barrel weight Weight-1

The four rounded weights are copies on the first made Victor weights. 
The grooved weights came later, and are the same for later made 5.5" and 4.5" barrels. 
The reproductions here were made by a gentleman who was I believe in the High Standard Collectors group.  I am sure SGVictor on RFC would remember his name and background. 

Need Help - 1972 Victor 5.5" barrel weight Weight-2

I have no use for these rounded weights.  If you like I will send you one of the long reproductions to see if it fits your gun.  We can talk after that.  There has been an original 4.5 rounded weight on ebay for lots of $$$.  I will sell these much less.  PM me
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Sun May 16, 2021 8:04 pm

Just curious, do you want it because it "looks good" (as in all the old photos) or is there any purpose to it?

I just took the weight off my X-Series, and then removed it from my Victor.  Among other things, the gun "felt" better without the weight pulling down on the front.  I get better targets without the weight.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H Sun May 16, 2021 9:08 pm

Mike
"Looks good" is a valid reason.
But shooting the gun with different weights, balance etc is totally a personal preference.  And maybe a necessity of physical situation

45-50 years ago I made  6 oz weigh for my HS Trophy 5.5".  Now that I am old and weak, especially since shoulder surgery, the gun has to be lighter.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum