Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aimpoint Sights

5 posters

Go down

Aimpoint Sights Empty Aimpoint Sights

Post by WesG 5/8/2021, 1:37 pm

Just went looking for some spec's, and found a couple 'new' products. One is the H-2 with a 6 MOA dot. The other 'new' product is the 9000SC with a 4 MOA dot, which I think had been discontinued awhile back?

If it's old news, I sure missed it.

WesG

Back to top Go down

Aimpoint Sights Empty Re: Aimpoint Sights

Post by mikemyers 5/8/2021, 2:03 pm

I think my H-2 has a 2 MOA dot, same as my H-1.
The 9000SC is very heavy.
I still have one - will be selling it in the near future.
It's either sell it, or eat LOTS of spinach.

https://www.aimpoint.com/products/red-dot-sights/micro-h-2-2-moa-red-dot-reflex-sight-with-standard-mount-for-weaver-picatinny
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael C 7/1/2021, 8:51 am

Has anyone looked through the Amipoint 6moa dot to see how it compares to say a Ultra Dot MD 6moa?  I was looking at them and found the bigger dot interesting.  I’m new to red dots and been looking to maybe buy a Aimpoint H2.

Michael C

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 7/1/2021, 10:19 am

The early dots were large but demand has caused them to shrink.  The rationale for shrinking was that the larger dot makes it slower to see where the gun is centered.  The military found a 2-4 MOA dot better in CQB.   We also learned to look AT THE TARGET while shooting dots.

For pistol a 6 MOA dot makes SOME sense in that most shooters below the top echelon are shooting a 6MOA group…so put the dot on the target and that’s where the bullet goes.  However, as the smaller dots 
Replaced the larger, I found that the shot calls were easier to make.  Put the dot on the 10 ring and it’s at least a 9.  Put it on the X and I have a 10.  So smaller dots helped me.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axehandle 7/1/2021, 11:22 am

FWIW Make mine BIG.  Small dots make me try to hold too precise.

Axehandle

SteveT likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/1/2021, 11:24 am

The only Aimpoints that I have tried (so far) have been H1 4moa, I searched and paid a premium to get the 4moa version and put them on all of my Bullseye guns. The H1's compact size and light weight is attractive, and they are said to be very durable, I have had no reliability issues so far. But, to my sad eyes at least, the dots are MUCH smaller than a typical Ultradot 4moa dot. Closer to 2moa IMHO. I suspect that whilst it might state 4moa on the side, all of the H1's are actually 2moa.

My eye acuity seems to change every day, some days the H1 dot is perfectly round and clear (albeit very small) other days it is a streaky blur. Photoescape apertures do seem to be helping (small or medium in front - 17mm at the back to obscure the emitter housing and create a nice black concentric border that helps my eye to concentrate).

The original Ultradot 1" 4moa sights offer the clearest, roundest red dot that I have seen so far, but they don't work on some of my guns. I've recently tried the new UD30, decent dot clarity, but they do not have a compatible thread at the rear. and also the latest MatchDot 2's with choice of 3 dot sizes (which is how I can judge the actual size of my H1 dots). They also work OK on some of my guns, but are quite bulky.

YMMV

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael C 7/1/2021, 12:12 pm

Thank you; lots of good information here for me to consider.

Michael C

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down