Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Source for Baikal IZH-35M Magazines?

5 posters

Go down

Source for Baikal IZH-35M Magazines? Empty Source for Baikal IZH-35M Magazines?

Post by wfeiereisen 5/11/2021, 9:54 pm

I have two functioning magazines but would like to find a few more. The American importer, EAA, stopped selling magazines about 15 years ago. My online searches have found nothing available so far. The hits that looked promising came up as "sold." Does anyone know of any source?

... Bill

wfeiereisen

Back to top Go down

Source for Baikal IZH-35M Magazines? Empty Re: Source for Baikal IZH-35M Magazines?

Post by CrankyThunder 5/12/2021, 3:16 am

Hi Bill:

I owned a Baikal IZH-35M, affectionately referred to by their owners as "That Russian POS", and I was able to convert a couple of SW 22a magazines to work in the Baikal.  I learned how to do it over on Rimfire Central and maybe if you search the archives you can find those threads.  I cannot remember what it is that you did to the magazines to make them work but it was pretty simple although they were rather "loose" in the magazine well but it did give you a larger capacity magazine.  

My memory tells me that when the magazines were fully loaded with then rounds that they would eject upon firing the first round but performed ok when only seven or eight rounds were loaded.  Although they seamed to work fine I never had the confidence to use the SW magazines in competition because it was so sloppy in the pistol. 

Hope this helps a bit. 

Regards, 
Crankster
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

wfeiereisen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Source for Baikal IZH-35M Magazines? Empty Re: Source for Baikal IZH-35M Magazines?

Post by fc60 5/12/2021, 12:19 pm

Greetings,

Also search for Walther KSP 200 Magazines.

Walther made a copy of the Izzy for a short time.

I believe most parts interchange.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by wfeiereisen 5/12/2021, 8:23 pm

Thanks to both of you!

wfeiereisen

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 5/12/2021, 8:41 pm

1) try contacting Tula /Baikal in Russia they may know a supplier somewhere in the world that has them, https://baikal.kalashnikovconcern.com/contacts

2) Simpson LTD may get something in on consignment or from their EU sources 

3) Try to get a Gen 1 AW 93 Magazine and fit it to the gun.  

4) Try connecting with Froneck he knows a lot about them he built one from scratch 

5) Try replacing the mag spring with a HS victor Spring cut to size.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by swissyhawk 5/16/2021, 8:28 am

I'd be willing to sell you my magazines for $200 each + shipping.  I have three of them.  I'll only sell them together.  I know it seems like a lot, but I'll throw in an Izzy for free along with a set of XL Morini grips that are on it.

-Gregg

swissyhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by wfeiereisen 5/17/2021, 9:13 pm

Thanks, but after thinking about it I'll pass. I realize that I'd then have a total of five magazines and parts to keep at least one IZH running. I paid $437 for it in about 1990. But I think that I'll just run this one until it breaks a part that I can no longer find. It's probably better to save the money for a new pistol when that time comes.

wfeiereisen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum