Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacement trigger for 1911

3 posters

Go down

Replacement trigger for 1911 Empty Replacement trigger for 1911

Post by mikemyers Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:43 am

Several years ago, I bought a Caspian "Trik Trigger" for my Caspian frame 1911.  I didn't like the trigger that came with the (used) gun.  It took two days of trying, filing, trying, filing, and eventually it got to where it worked smoothly.  Never done this before, and I decided that if I did it again, I should let my gunsmith do it.  Anyway, the more I used the Caspian trigger, the less I liked it.  I like "curved" triggers, and this one was "flat".  It was too long for me - my hand (singular) fits nicely, but if I try to use two hands, my hand is too small, or the trigger is too long.  Not by much, but it's still annoying.

I called my gunsmith for advice, and he suggested I buy one with all the adjustments (which the Caspian trigger lacks).  After searching for three days, this one ended up at the top of my list, and I ordered it.  Reading the reviews, it sounded like it suffered from quality control, but once in the gun, if fitted properly, people liked it

I searched Amazon (couldn't find what I thought I wanted), Brownell's (where I bought it), and MidwayUSA.

Maybe I should have posted this thread before purchasing it, but it met the suggestions from my gunsmith, it looks good, and filing seems to be part of the job of installing any trigger into a 1911.  So, two questions - did I make a poor choice, and have any of you used it?  I guess I can always return it, and buy something else if I really made a bad choice.  My gut feeling is that the trigger is only a starting point - the gunsmith who installs it will be most important.  My friend Frank, at "OnlyTheBest" in Ft. Lauderdale, always gives me more than I expected, and does great work.

https://www.brownells.com/aspx/search/productdetail.aspx?sid=163676&pid=78281
Replacement trigger for 1911 P_100801024_2
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Replacement trigger for 1911 Empty Re: Replacement trigger for 1911

Post by james r chapman Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:05 pm

Looks pretty normal to me.

But, I’ve always treated guns like cars.

Tell the mechanic what you expect and let him get the appropriate parts.

james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:52 pm

Jim, that was my thinking too, when I called him yesterday morning.  He told me what to look for, and left it for me to buy one.  He suggested I bring it to him Saturday morning, and he would have it ready for me later in the day.  (Simple things he does promptly, but more complicated things take longer, but not unreasonably so.)

I guess Fusion Firearms has a lot of them in stock:
Replacement trigger for 1911 43758609574_198d518590_b
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:24 pm

I only bought solid triggers, so do the smiths at the AMU. I like solid because I can alter them, fancy ones like in the photo are limited as to what you can do with it. However I have been making my own triggers from Aluminum Bronze but they are expensive to make!. The length of pull is important to good shooting, too long or short is not good! Solid shoes can be cut to size and why AMU uses solid triggers. That reduced trigger height I see in the rear of the trigger in the photos is not good, when I make mine It's the same height the entire distance that I make as long as possible! After fitting the trigger I can drill holes to make it look fancy. I recommend solid Grinder triggers but other similar triggers are OK. Would be best to remove the serrations and why I don't put serrations  on my trigger shoes.

Froneck

SteveT likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down