Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model 41 - trouble with feeding second round

3 posters

Go down

Model 41 - trouble with feeding second round Empty Model 41 - trouble with feeding second round

Post by Chris_D 6/3/2013, 6:12 am

Hi folks,

I am wondering if anyone every had this problem with a model 41...

With an increasing frequency, the guns does not feed the second round. It is always the second round, and the problem exists on all three of my magazines.

Normally, I would look at the magazine for a feed issue, but it seems very improbable that all three magazines would develop the same problem at the same time. Nothing has changed in the ammo I use - CCI Std Vel., same lubricating oil, same cleaning procedure I have been using for years.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.

Chris D

Chris_D

Back to top Go down

Model 41 - trouble with feeding second round Empty Re: Model 41 - trouble with feeding second round

Post by Virgil Kane 6/3/2013, 7:18 am

I had some feeding issues with my 41 with all my mags and it turned out to be some unburnt powder that was holding up the magazine saftey levers under the right side of the grips. For some reason the mag saftey would work (allow the gun to fire) but the dirt (unburnt powder) would stop the mag from seating all the way into the gun and screw up the geometry of the mag to barrel fit and jam the gun with a FTF.

Worth pulling off the right side grip and taking a look. On my gun it didn't take much dirt to jam things up. Also worth looking at is the inside of the right grip to make sure the wood isn't toughing something it's not supose to be touching. That also happened on my gun and while not oil soaked it looked like somehow the grips left the factory with a bit of unsatifactory quality control and the wood would not let the mag seat all the way but still allowed the gun to fire. Either one of these will cause FTF.

JMO for what it's worth.

Virgil

Virgil Kane

Back to top Go down

Model 41 - trouble with feeding second round Empty Re: Model 41 - trouble with feeding second round

Post by BE Mike 6/3/2013, 9:10 am

Put a drop of oil on the top round in each loaded magazine.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_D 6/17/2013, 5:57 am

Keep an eye on the wax build up in your magazines, that is the lesson I learned.  Looking into this problem further, the gun appeared fine and nothing obvious there could cause the problem.  Checking the magazines showed an obvious problem - was build up in the area of the magazine where the nose of the bullets are.  It took some work, but I was able to clean out the magazines and get the wax out. I used a 38 caliber bore brush to get the wax out then I cleaned them thoroughly.

I have since shot about 300 rounds through the guns using all the magazines and no more miss-feeds.

Chris

Chris_D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down