Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Dot Technician

Go down

Red Dot Technician Empty Red Dot Technician

Post by Guest Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:15 pm

Someone mentioned to me that at one time there was a technician who offered to customise Aimpoint red dot sights. I am very interested to get the dot size enlarged and also to ensure the concentricity of the dot in relation to the sight body.

I also wonder whether it is possible to modify the brightness dial (simply a stepped potentiometer?) so that there are finer brightness settings that better suit our Bullseye needs. Specifically for me the Aimpoint H1's, but I guess that if it works for one model, it probably applies in general to all.

The Technician was probably in Europe, possibly ex-Aimpoint staff, but who/where is not important. 

Anyone here have any info?

Back to top Go down

Red Dot Technician Empty Re: Red Dot Technician

Post by messenger Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:09 pm

I would like to have some work done on my Aimpoint micro T1 also. My problem is I am running out of adjustment. I have three wadguns with the KC cut in the slide. It doesn't matter which gun I put it on once I get it zeroed in at 25yds I only have about 3 clicks of up left. Obviously not enough to go to the 50yd line. I have already sent it back once to Aimpoint explaining the problem and they say nothing is wrong with it. It would be nice if the rheostat could have the incremental adjustment changed to a smooth infinite adjustment. Most of the time I'm too light or too bright. I too would like to find someone that could work on these things.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:28 am

Bill, I had a similar problem on one particular 1911 rail. I found some brass shim sheets and shimmed up between rail and one end of the mount. Not ideal or elegant, but once I tightened down the mount it did not move for several hundred rounds of 45ACP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum