Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'd like to buy a better barrel weight or two...........thanks in advance.

4 posters

Go down

I'd like to buy a better barrel weight or two...........thanks in advance. Empty I'd like to buy a better barrel weight or two...........thanks in advance.

Post by SilentAssassin Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:52 am

Yes , here I am again.
I need the big weight for a 208s and will pay top dollar within reason.

I also need the 80 gram weight. I bought one from a member here( SmokinNJokin, and it's a Piece of shit.
Marred all up, looks like someone tried to fill gouges in it with some kind of green crap.
Took forever to get here becasue he couldn't find the weight, then I see a couple weeks later he's selling another one.
Probably the one thats not all fked up.
Yes I'm calling out. I'm not happy about it. Never have been happy about it.............didn't say anything because I'm new here.
But now........that I'm thinking about it............it's a POS.

Yes I use it for shooting.............but it is an ugly POS on a beautiful gun.
If I had known it was all messed up I would have waited for a nicer one.
I work fking hard. I sweat nearly every day until im ringing wet and covered in dirt and crap.
He only charged me 40.00. Doesn't seem like a lot, but what I have to do to get 40.00, well.......

Anyway.............I just bought a very expensive gun thats visually pleasing.
The hours and the time it took for me to be able to do that, I would like to have a nicer barrel weight.

Anyway.............I'm not trying to be an asshole......and theres no hard feelins with this guy.....Live and learn, you know? But that IS what happened.
I kinda call it like I see it , sometimes.
I would also like to add that I'm somewhat thankful because I could not find another weight.
Just not what I expected, I guess.

SilentAssassin

Back to top Go down

I'd like to buy a better barrel weight or two...........thanks in advance. Empty Re: I'd like to buy a better barrel weight or two...........thanks in advance.

Post by james r chapman Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:38 am

Complaint posted in wrong category.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

I'd like to buy a better barrel weight or two...........thanks in advance. Empty Re: I'd like to buy a better barrel weight or two...........thanks in advance.

Post by SmokinNJokin Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:37 am

Im sorry you are not happy with the weight. I will gladly refund your money. I charged you less than half what a new manufacture weight costs, including shipping. In addition, the weight is parkerized which shows marring and scratches but was by no means “a piece of shit” there was absolutely nothing wrong with it mechanically and no damage to the metal, just discoloration. That is how most factory hammerli weights look. If you want it to look good to match your expensive gun, i suggest you pay a local gunsmith to get it cerakoted. Shouldn’t cost more than $10-15. If you don’t want it, I will refund you. You should have contacted me with your complaint instead of publicly flaming me in a forum.

SmokinNJokin

bmize1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinNJokin Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:42 am

Here is the link to purchase new manufacture weight from LGI. No financial interest. The green stuff is loctite, keeps the set screw from backing out. It is easily removed.
https://www.larrysguns.com/Products/Hammerli-208s-215s-80-Gram-Barrel-Weight__1200070-LGI.aspx

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:59 pm

SilentAssassin, I know how it is, you get worked up, it’s been a crazy day, you gotta blow off some steam, and vent that energy just so you can keep your own head together. ¬†Unfortunately, that can result in doing some things in the heat of the moment that might not seem like as good an idea when your head is feeling clear later.

Andrew has certainly made a reasonable and helpful response to your post. 

I think you guys can resolve this via PM and I hope this becomes a funny story about how you guys became friends.

Last edited by willnewton on Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:02 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Thanks Jim)
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum