Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie -how to load and fire a Pardini SP New

+2
James Hensler
asandel
6 posters

Go down

Newbie -how to load and fire a Pardini SP New Empty Newbie -how to load and fire a Pardini SP New

Post by asandel 7/28/2021, 6:48 am

New to the list and bullseye shooting..I've been shooting for a year now - S&W 41 with a holosun 507C-gr ..and want to step up...so I bought a Pardini SP new from Pardini USA...Beautiful gun and it feels great in the hand..Before I go to the range...I want to do this right... Can someone describe/or send a video link to how to actually shoot the gun from loading the mag...inserting mag.. to racking it..little Instructions in the instruction book... looks quite different  should the gun be cleaned first and should moly grease be use before shooting a new gun... I searched Youtube and this list... nothing ....thanks for you help in advance..
Andy

asandel

Back to top Go down

Newbie -how to load and fire a Pardini SP New Empty Re: Newbie -how to load and fire a Pardini SP New

Post by James Hensler 7/28/2021, 7:17 am

Andy I will try to help but your request is kinda funny. 
Loading the mag 
There is a little button that you can pull the follower down and the 22 lr  ammo will damn near fall in place. Mine holds 5 rounds
To lock the bolt back there is a little button on the bottom of the frame. Pull the bolt rearward and push in the button. 
Insert the magazine in the big hole in the frame and tap it a couple of times. Pull the bolt rearward and that will release the button and let go. The bolt will spring forward stripping 1 round out of the magazine and placing it in the chamber loading the pistol. 
Pull the trigger and it will go bang and automatically load another round! 
After the 5th round is fired the bolt will not lock rearward so pull the bolt back and push the button.
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Newbie -how to load and fire a Pardini SP New Empty Re: Newbie -how to load and fire a Pardini SP New

Post by james r chapman 7/28/2021, 7:20 am

And don’t dry fire without the dry fire plug. Firing pins can get expensive
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

tray999 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by asandel 7/28/2021, 7:32 am

Thank you to both Jims.. That is exactly the information I wanted.. what about cleaning the pistol before I take it to the range and the Moly grease

asandel

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentAssassin 7/28/2021, 7:36 am

You don't need to do anything to that gun right now, except shoot it.
Don't get carried away with moly grease.

SilentAssassin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 7/28/2021, 7:52 am

Do not touch the trigger adjustments!!! Not until you 100% understand what they do then DONT TOUCH THEM!
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 7/28/2021, 8:38 am

Although the trigger shoe likes to slip
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentAssassin 7/28/2021, 8:42 am

James Hensler wrote:Do not touch the trigger adjustments!!! Not until you 100% understand what they do then DONT TOUCH THEM!

Why not?
I cannot understand the concept of buying a handgun with a fully adjustable trigger.............and then not use it.
That trigger is no different than a bix and andy, jewell, some of the Kimber 22 rifle triggers, Cooper rifle triggers, Flavio triggers...Timney,, jard, or any other.etc etc fully adjustable triggers.
Let me add Winchester 52 And Anschutz to the list.............and Remington 40X

SilentAssassin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 7/28/2021, 9:18 am

Well one reason is because he’s asked how to load and shoot the damn thing! The fastest way to screw up a perfect trigger is to mess with it. If it’s not to your liking Send it to Alex and have him adjust it! I doubt that there a 10 people outside of Pardini that can 100% effectively adjust this trigger
James Hensler
James Hensler

Allgoodhits likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk 7/28/2021, 10:28 am

Changing the weight of the trigger is a one button adjustment.   Turn it clockwise to make it heavier and I believe the slimiest Allen wrench that comes with the gun, if I recall correctly.      It may or may not be set correctly from the factory.  

You also may need to move the trigger backward or forward to fit the length of your finger.  That can be fairly easy too.   As far as adjusting the stages, and the roll, not sure I want to go there yet.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk 7/28/2021, 10:31 am

Also, don’t drop the magazines.   That can bring trouble.   I’ve shot 12 matches so far with zero gun caused alabis.  One failure to fire with a solid firing pin mark on the rim.   Bad round I assume.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 7/28/2021, 11:08 am

Schaumannk wrote:Changing the weight of the trigger is a one button adjustment.   Turn it clockwise to make it heavier and I believe the slimiest Allen wrench that comes with the gun, if I recall correctly.      It may or may not be set correctly from the factory.  

You also may need to move the trigger backward or forward to fit the length of your finger.  That can be fairly easy too.   As far as adjusting the stages, and the roll, not sure I want to go there yet.
You are joking right? There are several different screws that effect the trigger weight! This is exactly what I’m talking about Maybe 10 people know how to adjust it properly. A Pardini trigger is hands down one of the best on the market but also one of the most complexed
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk 7/28/2021, 11:17 am

James Hensler wrote:
Schaumannk wrote:Changing the weight of the trigger is a one button adjustment.   Turn it clockwise to make it heavier and I believe the slimiest Allen wrench that comes with the gun, if I recall correctly.      It may or may not be set correctly from the factory.  

You are joking right? There are several different screws that effect the trigger weight! This is exactly what I’m talking about Maybe 10 people know how to adjust it properly. A Pardini trigger is hands down one of the best on the market but also one of the most complexed
Listen, I’m not talking about anything fancy, which I thought I made clear.  When you are standing there at the trailer at Perry they say. “Your trigger is a little light”  this is what you do, if you wanna shoot.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 7/28/2021, 11:24 am

To say to a newbie a pardini Trigger adjustment I a simple one screw and anyone can do is absolutely the worst single advisement I have seen on this sight! The trigger is a 2 stage trigger and has adjustments for 1st poundage and 2nd stage as well and I will only mention a few 
Take up
Overtraval
1st stage
2nd stage
Overall lbs
Length 
Angle

And waiting until the nationals to find out your trigger has been light at every other match you shot is something all by itself

Last edited by James Hensler on 7/28/2021, 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk 7/28/2021, 11:27 am

James Hensler wrote:To say to a newbie a pardini Trigger adjustment I a simple one screw and anyone can do is absolutely the worst single advisement I have seen on this sight! The trigger is a 2 stage trigger and has adjustments for 1st poundage and 2nd stage as well and I will only mention a few 
Take up
Overtraval
1st stage
2nd stage
Overall lbs
Length 
Angle
Calm down, and  breathe into a paper bag.  It may help.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentAssassin 7/28/2021, 12:41 pm

reposting

SilentAssassin

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentAssassin 7/28/2021, 12:43 pm

James Hensler wrote:Well one reason is because he’s asked how to load and shoot the damn thing! The fastest way to screw up a perfect trigger is to mess with it. If it’s not to your liking Send it to Alex and have him adjust it! I doubt that there a 10 people outside of Pardini that can 100% effectively adjust this trigger

The Pardini has a fully adjustable trigger. It is that way so you can adjust it. It's not some magic voodoo that only one  person in the united states has that makes him the only one capable of adjusting the trigger to your liking.

The mere concept of " dont adjust your fully adjustable trigger" makes absolutely no sense at all. None.
The fully adjustable trigger is one of the reasons people choose to buy guns that have this feature as opposed to other guns that do not.

In short, if my guns need a trigger adjustment....................guess what. I'm doing it myself and not sending the gun all over creation through the mail to someone named Alex , ( may never see it again) for something as SIMPLE as a trigger adjustment.

I'll even go so far as to say that your advice is horrible...............merely based on the fact that the expensive gun would have to go through the mail and could easily be damaged in the process , again, for something as simple as a trigger adjustment. Your advice in a matter like this is ridiculous.

Last edited by SilentAssassin on 7/28/2021, 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

SilentAssassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G 7/28/2021, 12:48 pm

The tone of posts in this thread has fallen below the usual standards of civility for this forum.
I suggest that the admins kindly lock this thread...

Best Regards,
Oleg.
Oleg G
Oleg G

chiz1180 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentAssassin 7/28/2021, 12:54 pm

Oleg G wrote:The tone of posts in this thread has fallen below the usual standards of civility for this forum.
I suggest that the admins kindly lock this thread...

Best Regards,
Oleg.
Yeah because , if bad advice is given everyone is just supposed to take it.
Doesnt matter if the gun is ever seen again ( lost or damaged in mail)

Oh yes the tone of posts.......oh my.
This is why America has fallen into the toilet. Snowflake-ism

Nobody has personally attacked anyone, or called any names.
Nobody has doxed anyone.
But I'll just go ahead and say it...............the idea to never adjust your adjustable trigger that you bought and paid more money to have this feature.............is just Stupid.
Why even buy a gun with this feature if you don't intend to utilize it at some point.

SilentAssassin

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 7/28/2021, 1:42 pm

If you don’t know how to load the gun, have someone show you how to make simple adjustments to your trigger.

On that note, I will lock the thread.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

bmize1 and lakemurrayman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down