Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S&W 41 long barrel

3 posters

Go down

S&W 41 long barrel  Empty S&W 41 long barrel

Post by Brazos 8/29/2021, 9:06 pm

My daughter is in high school and shoots on her rifle team.  She is now getting into 3P smallbore so I am building her a range here at the house.  I have always been interested in Bullseye shooting and figured if I am setting up a 50ft and 50yd range for her I might as well use it.  I came across a S&W 41 with the long 7”+ barrel and its in almost new condition (believe it was built in the mid 70’s).  It’s from a collection my dealer friend picked up from his neighbor rancher and been in the family since new.  He is asking $500 for it.  Does that seem like a decent deal to get started?  I do happen to have a S&W 79G air pistol which is a copy of it for practice so that would be kind of cool.  I want to look it over again.  The only issue I noticed were the grips were kind of loose but assume the screws needed to be tightened but you never know.  He also had a
HS Victor in great shape from the same collection he said he would also sell for $500.  The Victor was what caught my attention but it had the screw takedown and not the button takedown so I lost my interest though it probably shoots great.  Both pistols come with just the pistols and the magazine in them, no boxes,etc.  I know any pistol to get you going is the best way to get started.  Is the S&W 41 long barrel a good way to get started and is $500 a decent deal for a nearly new pistol?  I may just need to bring my checkbook as he also had a like brand new FN Browning Challenger from 1965 he said he would sell for $5oo plus some other nice .22 pistols from the same collection.

Thanks in advance for your comments and yes I am new this is my first post.  Brazos

Brazos

Back to top Go down

S&W 41 long barrel  Empty Re: S&W 41 long barrel

Post by Jon Eulette 8/29/2021, 9:08 pm

$500 is a terrific price. Hurry back!
Nothing wrong with the HS with the Allen Screw attachment. They came from the factory like that.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

troystaten likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Brazos 8/29/2021, 9:32 pm

Kind of figured that was a decent deal and I could possibly make money on it. The long sight radius in theory should be good but at 50 years old my eyes may force me to put optics on it. I know with my 79G air pistol vision is a problem. I guess that’s nothing a set of good shooting glasses can’t fix.

Brazos

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 8/31/2021, 12:07 am

I would worry about every deal. They are all way under priced. Sometimes a deal really is too good.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 8/31/2021, 12:15 am

LenV wrote:I would worry about every deal. They are all way under priced. Sometimes a deal really is too good.
Unless your a gunsmith 😂 
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

flyer898 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down