Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OVERALL LENGTH .22 AMMUNITION---BORED.

5 posters

Go down

OVERALL LENGTH .22 AMMUNITION---BORED. Empty OVERALL LENGTH .22 AMMUNITION---BORED.

Post by james r chapman Fri 3 Sep - 14:12

OVERALL LENGTH .22 AMMUNITION---BORED. Oal_2210

After reading the issues with pardini magazines, I decided to work out my calipers on boxes of ammo I had. very surprising the quality spread on this dimension.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

OVERALL LENGTH .22 AMMUNITION---BORED. Empty Re: OVERALL LENGTH .22 AMMUNITION---BORED.

Post by Jon Eulette Fri 3 Sep - 14:23

We ran into an issue with the MG2 and had the factory make a change for ammo length. CCI lots were getting longer on newer ammunition. The bullet tips were  catching on the bottom of the barrel as the carrier lifted the cartridge during feeding.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

OVERALL LENGTH .22 AMMUNITION---BORED. Empty Re: OVERALL LENGTH .22 AMMUNITION---BORED.

Post by fc60 Fri 3 Sep - 19:01

Greetings,

Interesting....

The CIP (European equivalent of SAAMI) shows the max overall length of a 22lr to be 25.40mm (1.000 inch).

Perhaps you could post the actual Excel file as several cartridge measurements got truncated.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Fri 3 Sep - 20:17

fc60 wrote:Greetings,

Interesting....

The CIP (European equivalent of SAAMI) shows the max overall length of a 22lr to be 25.40mm (1.000 inch).

Perhaps you could post the actual Excel file as several cartridge measurements got truncated.

Cheers,

Dave
Dave, I'm not seeing the truncation you mention. can you be more specific. They are to the closest .001 of an inch currently.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Fri 3 Sep - 20:27

fc60 wrote:Greetings,

Interesting....

Cheers,

Dave
Attachments
OVERALL LENGTH .22 AMMUNITION---BORED. Attachment
.22 OVERALL LENGTH.xls You don't have permission to download attachments.(12 Kb) Downloaded 15 times

Last edited by james r chapman on Sat 4 Sep - 8:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated spreadsheet)
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 Sat 4 Sep - 13:14

Greetings Jim,

The *.xls file helped.

It shows the additional two brands measured.

I have heard of CCI causing issues with the Pardini. However, many local shooters use CCI with no issues.

CCI did have a problem with the wax lube dip. In days with varying humidity, the wax would build up on the tips after the lube process.

Based on your caliper exercise, I would suspect all brands measured would function in the magazine.

Thanks for your efforts in Metrology!

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Sat 4 Sep - 13:22

I’m curious now about rim thickness!! lol!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Black_Talon Sun 5 Sep - 20:52

I don't remember where I got this one from, but it's on my hdd:
OVERALL LENGTH .22 AMMUNITION---BORED. 22%20case%20lengths

and on a somewhat related note, I was bored one day too and measured various dimensions on different brands of 22LR that I had around. I have no mad excell skillzzz though, so it's a line drawing:
OVERALL LENGTH .22 AMMUNITION---BORED. 22LR_bullet_sizes_small
Black_Talon
Black_Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz35m Thu 9 Sep - 10:34

This is why I use Norma Tac22 in my Pardini.  less chance of the 2nd round getting stuck in the mag.  I also use Eley EPS which has a fatter nose and it shorter.
Toz35m
Toz35m

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down