Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sig p210 anyone use one as a centerfire pistol?

3 posters

Go down

Sig p210 anyone use one as a centerfire pistol? Empty Sig p210 anyone use one as a centerfire pistol?

Post by jeffcamis Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:35 pm

I really considering a sig p210 for a centerfire pistol for competing.  Does anyone here use one???

It seems hard to beat for the price point and accuracy outta the box.  Plus there are red dot mounting options.  

If not this sig what would you suggest that is factory ready to go.  

Thanks.

jeffcamis

Back to top Go down

Sig p210 anyone use one as a centerfire pistol? Empty Re: Sig p210 anyone use one as a centerfire pistol?

Post by zanemoseley Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:22 pm

I love my Sig P210 Standard but too light for bullseye for my tastes and I currently have a reflex sight installed with a rear sight adapter. I'm trying to talk Jon into doing a custom run of full length ribs to allow mounting a heavy dot like a 9000SC to tame the recoil. Light 9mm pistols can be tricky to shoot well even with reflex dots. For 9mm target pistols 1911's are still king, maybe a Pardini GT9.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Sig p210 anyone use one as a centerfire pistol? Empty Re: Sig p210 anyone use one as a centerfire pistol?

Post by RoyDean Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:26 am

I was using a SIG P210 (US) Target model for EIC Service. Trigger is usually a bit light as standard, but there is a simple fix (search for thread here). Very accurate IMHO, but the standard slow twist barrel likes 147JHP bullets at sub-1000 velocity. That also significantly reduces the "snap". I very much preferred it to a custom 1911 9mm I also had. But I decided to get out of 9mm and recently sold both of them.

Great gun IMHO

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down