Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a magazine lip tweaking tool

5 posters

Go down

Looking for a magazine lip tweaking tool  Empty Looking for a magazine lip tweaking tool

Post by croesler 9/19/2021, 8:09 am

Any of various constructions - usually has a tiny slit to fit over magazine lips and tweak them in or out.  Thanks. Cliff
croesler
croesler

Back to top Go down

Looking for a magazine lip tweaking tool  Empty Re: Looking for a magazine lip tweaking tool

Post by james r chapman 9/19/2021, 8:29 am

Looking for a magazine lip tweaking tool  E6f82210
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Looking for a magazine lip tweaking tool  Empty Re: Looking for a magazine lip tweaking tool

Post by K7ZS 9/19/2021, 10:43 am

Another on eBay, reproduction but $38 shipped, has all the right features, assuming you were looking for a High Standard .22 magazine tool.

Auction # 1039261329

GunPartsCatalog Magazine Adjustment Tool for High Standard Magazines

K7ZS

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper 9/19/2021, 12:08 pm

croesler wrote:Any of various constructions - usually has a tiny slit to fit over magazine lips and tweak them in or out.  Thanks. Cliff
 Just take a bolt, put in vice and use a hacksaw to cut a groove in the side or end of bolt, or saw in both places.
Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by alaronstein 9/19/2021, 6:58 pm

I High Standard Tool that was designed in CT by the HS Engineers is the BEST Tool. It preserves the correct geometry and has clearance for the correct amount of bending. I have seen many people use a straight cut slot tool and, I guess they work until they don't work. I used one until Bob Shea pointed out the error of my ways !!! We have the correct tools in stock. Check out our website highstandardfirearmsusa.com - Alan Aronstein

alaronstein

Back to top Go down

Looking for a magazine lip tweaking tool  Empty Magazine lip "tweaking" and tools

Post by croesler 9/20/2021, 12:17 pm

The Forum has delivered as it so often does, in this case many thanks to Jim for pointing me towards what I needed, and Tom and Stan for sharing their wisdom on tools and procedures.  

To help anyone who may also have feeding issues with their .22LR magazines (Hi Standard or other) the following website shows a picture of how the bullet should be held in place:  https://histandard.info/Jim_Barta/

Well worth a look.  I now know what to do next, and thanks to the Forum members for coming through!
croesler
croesler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum