Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to get motivated to practice for my next match

+13
RodJ
Jon Eulette
Wobbley
javaduke
john bickar
Steve in MI
CrankyThunder
DA/SA
Tim:H11
jimsteele
Larry2520
CR10X
James Hensler
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Trying to get motivated to practice for my next match - Page 2 Empty Trying to get motivated to practice for my next match

Post by James Hensler 9/19/2021, 5:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

In normal years I have the ability to shoot 3-4 times a week and loved it. This year with all the component shortages I am hoarding what I have left. The middle of October is the Florida State Championships and I just don’t have the desire to go practice! Am I the only one that feels like this?
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Trying to get motivated to practice for my next match - Page 2 Empty Re: Trying to get motivated to practice for my next match

Post by Soupy44 9/22/2021, 7:17 am

James, 

Goal setting is a good place to start. What do you want to accomplish in 2022? Set that goal, then make intermediate goals to get there, and from there you can develop a training plan.

The Marine Corp workbook is a great place to start!

Soupy44

Back to top Go down

Trying to get motivated to practice for my next match - Page 2 Empty Re: Trying to get motivated to practice for my next match

Post by James Hensler 9/22/2021, 1:48 pm

I shot on the Marine Corps Team so I have plenty of log books. Lol
I used to be a high master but I’m not that good anymore. I would like to win every Expert match I enter. My worst finish in the last 3 years is a 4th.
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 9/22/2021, 1:51 pm

James Hensler wrote:I shot on the Marine Corps Team so I have plenty of log books. Lol
I used to be a high master but I’m not that good anymore. I would like to win every Expert match I enter. My worst finish in the last 3 years is a 4th.
James are you sandbagging? ROFLMAO
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 9/22/2021, 2:13 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:
James Hensler wrote:I shot on the Marine Corps Team so I have plenty of log books. Lol
James are you sandbagging? ROFLMAO
I have been accused! Sometimes I shoot 2580’s sometimes 2540’s but I always seem to miss going up to Master by a couple of thought out points! You know Jon 9x and a 7
James Hensler
James Hensler

Jon Eulette likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyd93140 9/22/2021, 2:40 pm

I don’t shoot in Bullseye matches; I just use the range; with all the Bays they have at 15 yards not many people Use the Pistol Palace.   So I have it all to myself on Saturday mornings.  My bullseye guns are Ruger Blackhawks.
dannyd93140
dannyd93140

James Hensler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by L Valdez 9/27/2021, 11:54 pm

James Hensler wrote: The middle of October is the Florida State Championships and I just don’t have the desire to go practice! Am I the only one that feels like this?

A few years ago, I could not find the desire to travel any distance to a match, much less the desire to practice for a match. I quit shooting BE for a couple of years, but returned to our winter league and found myself enjoying the .22 pistol again. I now enjoy just shooting the .22 indoor winter league. I don't need to do it all to enjoy BE shooting.

Anyone looking for a Star reloader Very Happy

L Valdez

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 9/30/2021, 6:34 pm

Ok I went one day last week and was amazed how my hold was on point! I shot a 1800 and my score was 1742. 22/32. I’m going tomorrow and shooting my 45 because I decided to change my Red Dot to a Matchdot 2 like my others! Kinda getting excited
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyd93140 9/30/2021, 7:00 pm

It’s calling you Smile

Trying to get motivated to practice for my next match - Page 2 E34f1b10
dannyd93140
dannyd93140

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 9/30/2021, 7:11 pm

I might have to miss it because of money because with travel and hotel and everything else it’s about 750-1000 and I don’t have it all yet
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyd93140 9/30/2021, 7:26 pm

James Hensler wrote:I might have to miss it because of money because with travel and hotel and everything else it’s about 750-1000 and I don’t have it all yet
I definitely understand that.
dannyd93140
dannyd93140

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2