Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really nice High Standard "The Victor" NOT FOR SALE

5 posters

Go down

Really nice High Standard "The Victor" NOT FOR SALE Empty Really nice High Standard "The Victor" NOT FOR SALE

Post by jimsteele 9/29/2021, 10:13 am

Not for sale. Changed my mind...Jim

Last edited by james r chapman on 10/1/2021, 8:18 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : changed my mind.)

jimsteele

Back to top Go down

Really nice High Standard "The Victor" NOT FOR SALE Empty Re: Really nice High Standard "The Victor" NOT FOR SALE

Post by gasixgunner 9/29/2021, 11:18 am

Look up LSP, they make match grade barrels for the High Standard. Price is very reasonable and you won’t have to drill and tap your HS. Just swap out barrels.

gasixgunner

SonOfAGun likes this post

Back to top Go down

Really nice High Standard "The Victor" NOT FOR SALE Empty Re: Really nice High Standard "The Victor" NOT FOR SALE

Post by PhotoEscape 9/29/2021, 11:51 am

OEM Victor barrels TMBK already drilled and tapped for iron sights rib.  Installing red dot rib only requires such rib.

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by UnGe 9/29/2021, 12:03 pm

I used https://interarmstx.com/product/scope-base-universal/, fits well, hopefully no damage to barrel bluing.

UnGe

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 10/1/2021, 7:14 am

I have a Victor that Roddy Toyota modified with a rail that holds a red dot sight as low as possible.  He did a fantastic job.  I got the gun from him with both the screw on sights and a rail.  Roddy said I wouldn't use the iron sights, but I really wanted to - but it didn't take long to realize that at going-on 80 years myself, the iron sights were not the best for me - I could always do better with the red dot.

Roddy custom made the parts, to get the sight as low as possible.  He bought the parts, then machined them to make the gun the best it can be.  You can barely see the gap over the slide.  

If you don't mind spending a little more $$, contact him, and explain what you want, and remind him of what he did for my Victor.  I'm sure it will cost you more than buying parts, but IHMO it's worth it.  You could also send him the gun and magazines, and have him set everything up.  The gun I got from him is perfect in every way, but it works most reliably with the OEM magazines, not the cheap magazines for sale without the proper heat treatment.  You can reach him via this forum, or you can send me a message and I'll send you his email.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by jimsteele 10/2/2021, 6:44 am

Posters, thanks for your advice. I think the " Victor " will continue to be a safe queen unless I decide to shoot .22 EIC

jimsteele

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum