Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTB S&W Model 41 7.5" Barrel

3 posters

Go down

WTB S&W Model 41 7.5" Barrel Empty WTB S&W Model 41 7.5" Barrel

Post by handcycle Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:24 pm

I am looking for a 7.5" barrel for my S&W Model 41.
Anyone have a spare one to sell please contact me Smile)
It doesn't need to be a drilled & tapped for scope.
I enjoy shooting mine with the 5.5" heavy-barrel, however would like to get an extra longer barrel.
Question: Any significant improve in accuracy with the longer barrel? 

Thanks!

Handcycle Smile Smile Smile Cool Cool Cool
handcycle
handcycle

Back to top Go down

WTB S&W Model 41 7.5" Barrel Empty Re: WTB S&W Model 41 7.5" Barrel

Post by mikemyers Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:03 am

If you haven't found one by then, send me a message in about three weeks.  I have one that I haven't used since buying a Clark barrel with scope mount.  I have no idea what a fair price would be.  It's in good condition, original, and no holes drilled and tapped.  I don't expect to be using it again.  For the next three weeks though, I'll be very busy.  Best way to reach me is email, which I think you can do from within this forum.  With my range still closed, I find it more comfortable to no longer come here every day.
mikemyers
mikemyers

handcycle likes this post

Back to top Go down

WTB S&W Model 41 7.5" Barrel Empty Accuracy

Post by NYKenn Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:06 am

My long barrel is not for sale, but I can comment some on the accuracy.
I went to the longer barrel or the perceived accuracy of a longer sight radius. I too was curious about your same question and tested both the 5 1/2 and 7 3/8? in a Ransom Rest w/match ammo, more of out curiosity than necessity.  Overall the group sizes for both barrels were all less than 3/4 inch at 50 yards, most averaging about 5/8. The longer barrel was at most maybe a 1/16 inch smaller group size on average. Certainly not a significant amount, and certainly not an amount that would make a difference for the average competitive shooter. 

FYI
I did change the sights to a Bo-mar, similar to what is found on the 5 1/2. At that time Champion's Choice sold the sight package.  Not sure where you would get one now.

NYKenn

http://www.TheFiringLineOnline.com

handcycle likes this post

Back to top Go down

WTB S&W Model 41 7.5" Barrel Empty Re: WTB S&W Model 41 7.5" Barrel

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum