Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Read this is you are posting a “Wanted” item thread or have posted “I’ll take It” on an item or sale

5 posters

Go down

Read this is you are posting a “Wanted” item thread or have posted “I’ll take It” on an item or sale Empty Read this is you are posting a “Wanted” item thread or have posted “I’ll take It” on an item or sale

Post by willnewton 10/1/2021, 7:54 am

You have probably already been approached or will soon be approached by a scammer offering you whatever item it is you are lookin for.  They have a friend for you to contact and a phone number or email of that friend.  They may develop a different approach, but it is obvious they have a low or zero post count and if you look up their old posts, you will see a series of nonsense posts attempting to make themselves look like active members.

Guess what?  They are full of crap.  We have been banning this asshole right and left, but he keeps making new accounts, trying to find a new sucker. 

He is even hitting up the same people over and over again. Thanks for helping your fellow members by reporting any of these activities to an admin ASAP.

If you have been contacted let us know!  Thanks Everyone!
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Read this is you are posting a “Wanted” item thread or have posted “I’ll take It” on an item or sale Empty Re: Read this is you are posting a “Wanted” item thread or have posted “I’ll take It” on an item or sale

Post by DA/SA 10/1/2021, 8:12 am

Here you go...

From Jekings021 To DA/SA, Yesterday at 1:45 pm
I purchased some items from Aristant some days ago and S&W Model 52 Magazine is among the items he showed me that he wanted to part out with. Maybe you should text him to know if it is still available.. Here's his number 346-306-3748
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Read this is you are posting a “Wanted” item thread or have posted “I’ll take It” on an item or sale Empty Re: Read this is you are posting a “Wanted” item thread or have posted “I’ll take It” on an item or sale

Post by straybrit 10/1/2021, 8:33 am

I'm guessing from the construction of that message that it's a largely automated process.  Probably done by screen scraping the relevant pages. About 3-5 seconds of effort per message. This asshole is probably doing this for a *lot* of forums.

straybrit

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 10/1/2021, 9:35 am

I got almost exact same PM for an item I was wanting. Started to take the bait, but then it dawned on me. Contacted Will and got an immediate response.

We are so lucky to have diligent forum administrators.

Much appreciated.

RoyDean

Colt711, joy2shoot and DA/SA like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton 10/1/2021, 10:15 am

Yep, yesterday was  heck of a day for the jekings021, of course, he is banned, but this is happening repeatedly as he keeps signing back up with new accounts.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

dfk178 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by straybrit 10/1/2021, 6:34 pm

A thought - can we put a captcha on the sign up? Tends to raise the cost of business for the scammer as new accounts are no longer "free" - i.e. they take some actual human input. With a lack of suckers to fleece it may just become non-economic for them.

straybrit

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 10/19/2021, 8:29 pm

Perhaps charge some nominal amount of $$ to validate an account.  That might also make it easier to track them.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum