Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear sight adjustment value on the Springfield 1911 RO Target?

+3
Psween
inthebeech
MrWick
7 posters

Go down

Rear sight adjustment value on the Springfield 1911 RO Target? Empty Rear sight adjustment value on the Springfield 1911 RO Target?

Post by MrWick 10/6/2021, 2:12 am

Hello everyone, I am a brand spanking new bullseye shooter, only started shooting bullseye for less than 2 years ago. After trying out a couple 1911 match pistols I decided to go with the RO Target from Springfield, because it was at a good price range and also all the good reviews I heard from experienced shooters. However, does anyone know how the rear sight is calibrated on a Springfield Range Officer? How many clicks will move the sight picture impact how many inches at how many yards downrange for given ammunition? I can find no info in the manual. Or is it all just a trial and error-adjust?

MrWick

Back to top Go down

Rear sight adjustment value on the Springfield 1911 RO Target? Empty Re: Rear sight adjustment value on the Springfield 1911 RO Target?

Post by inthebeech 10/6/2021, 3:53 pm

The short answer is that it depends.  For me a click is about .8 inches at fifty yards.  But it depends on where you are starting from because the sight blade is moving along an arc and not straight up and down.  A click for one person whos sight is already twenty clicks up from bottomed out is going to move the sight much less than a click when you are near bottomed out.  In addition you may have two different hold points between short and long lines.  Shoot a whole bunch, move the sight ten clicks, shoot a whole bunch.  Measure and divide.
Rear sight adjustment value on the Springfield 1911 RO Target? Sight10
inthebeech
inthebeech

SingleActionAndrew and MrWick like this post

Back to top Go down

Rear sight adjustment value on the Springfield 1911 RO Target? Empty Re: Rear sight adjustment value on the Springfield 1911 RO Target?

Post by Psween 10/6/2021, 5:35 pm

On my RO, I'm not sure what each click is worth exactly, but it takes 8 to come up from a 25 yd. zero to 50. That should be just about 1 MOA per click. Shooting 185 SWC at just under 800 fps.

Patrick

Psween

MrWick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 10/6/2021, 5:42 pm

Psween wrote:On my RO, I'm not sure what each click is worth exactly, but it takes 8 to come up from a 25 yd. zero to 50. That should be just about 1 MOA per click. Shooting 185 SWC at just under 800 fps.

Patrick
That’s a TON of adjustment. I think I’ve used 4 clicks on all my Bomars and copies over the years in both 38 spl and 45 for the 25 to 50 zero.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

chopper and MrWick like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 10/6/2021, 8:43 pm

I am sure that these sights are not engineered to utter precision, but from what I know the Bomar is 1 click = 1 MOA = 1 inch at 100 yards. That means 1/2 at 50 and 1/4 at 25. Translates to 2 inches Jon mentioned and 4 inches Psween...sounds about right ))

Tripscape

Steve Brown and MrWick like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 10/7/2021, 6:49 am

Lots of different hold points require lotsa different clicks!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Arthur likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Psween 10/7/2021, 12:25 pm

4 inches/8 MOA at 50 yds. should be about right, because if I shoot 25 yds. using a slightly sub-six hold (same daylight between bull and top of front sight as width of daylight on each side of front sight) I can use a center hold at 50 with no adjustments. Given the difference in diameter of the black, the come up is right about 4 inches.

Patrick

Psween

MrWick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich/WIS 10/15/2021, 12:32 pm

Called SA when I got my RO and the nice lady said it was approximately 1/4" at 25 yards.  Seems to agree with the post above.

Rich/WIS

MrWick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down