Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini Trigger Shoe from Frank

+9
messenger
jimsteele
Froneck
zanemoseley
james r chapman
Tripscape
Joe Morgan
swissyhawk
bmize1
13 posters

Go down

Pardini Trigger Shoe from Frank  Empty Pardini Trigger Shoe from Frank

Post by bmize1 11/27/2021, 6:03 pm

First pic is the factory trigger Shoe
Second pic is his Left hand with 1911 radius version 
I don’t like a straight trigger shoe and this fixed that and is wider.

Pardini Trigger Shoe from Frank  Effb0510
Pardini Trigger Shoe from Frank  5870ae10

bmize1

Back to top Go down

Pardini Trigger Shoe from Frank  Empty Re: Pardini Trigger Shoe from Frank

Post by swissyhawk 11/27/2021, 6:28 pm

That looks nice.  Is it serrated?

swissyhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Morgan 11/27/2021, 6:32 pm

I'm surprised you got one from him- I think he makes them for folks he likes, and says to hell with the rest of us.

Glad he isn't a real vendor, because mine isn't the only poor experience with him.

Joe Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by bmize1 11/27/2021, 6:33 pm

No but he can do it if you want

bmize1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 11/27/2021, 6:36 pm

I'm sorry to butt in, but Frankis awesme and very responsve. I see him as great asset to this small community.

Tripscape

orpheoet and Arthur like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Morgan 11/27/2021, 6:37 pm

I've emailed him numerous times when he says he is taking orders. He never responds. Here, PMs, or email.

Like I say, I'm glad he isn't a real vendor, such poor communication doesn't go well these days and he'd be eaten alive with poor service reviews... like the one I'm leaving for him right here.

Joe Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Morgan 11/27/2021, 6:39 pm

Tripscape wrote:I'm sorry to butt in, but Frankis awesme and very responsve. I see him as great asset to this small community.

I'm glad things worked out for you, but my own experience of trying to get a shoe from him for over a year, in conjunction with other people at the club having the same frustration, says differently.

Caveat emptor.

Joe Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 11/27/2021, 7:26 pm

Joe, we have a proper place for you to voice your complaints.
Otherwise, your wine is just sour grapes.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Morgan 11/27/2021, 7:55 pm

james r chapman wrote:Joe, we have a proper place for you to voice your complaints.
Otherwise, your wine is just sour grapes.

Where is that place, exactly?

And your paternalism is just worthless, not helpful (and certainly not insightful), and probably indicates you shouldn't be an admin. I offered my, and 2 other folks experience, over the last year, in trying to get Frank Sokolowski to communicate after offering his wares on here. In one case, he took a friends payment without ever delivering a shoe- he did not respond to phone, email, or PMs here; and in my and another shooting buddy, we couldn't get in contact with him via his many preferred methods.

So, where exactly are we supposed to complain if not in a thread about the very product that is mostly vaporware in our experience?

Joe Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 11/27/2021, 8:09 pm

I had issues getting Frank to respond for a good while. Eventually he got with me and got things straightened out and got me a couple shoes quickly. I think these shoes are a bit of a side business but would be nice if he would reply more and just give you reasonable expectations on lead time.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 11/27/2021, 10:06 pm

Hi All;
 I don't understand why those think I don't respond. I check my e-mail every day. I just had another guy order a shoe that claimed I didn't respond but we finally did get connected. I would see his e-mail and respond every time  he never got it! I've posted my e-mail here quite often and ask to use it rather than message me here!
 As to making the shoe or trigger, I admit I'm slow. I will not take short cuts and as most of you know I ask questions about your trigger so that in reality you get a custom trigger! Also I do have a machine shop business so I can't drop my customers to make a few trigger shoes. My shop rate is $100/hour, a simple 1911 shoe takes me over 2 hours to complete and those that need slightly different shoes like adding to pull length it takes nearly 3 hours to complete. I'm not doing it to make money but rather to help my fellow shooters but I have to pay my expenses so the $100/Hr jobs come first! Furthermore the tooling needed is expensive, Tapping Aluminum Bronze is difficult, the taps wear out quickly and to cut the material I use solid carbide end mills that give me a better finish as well as carbide tool bits in the lathe! So as to remove as much material from the rear of the Pardini trigger to keep the weight as low as possible about 8 grams (slightly more than 1/4 ounce) I purchased a few tapered end mills that cost me over $800. And do all the hole work on my Jig bore that is accurate to .0000" Jig bore work is at $200/Hr so that work gets done first!
However I do respond to every e-mail but if I don't receive it I can't respond! I removed the junk file so my e-mail program don't put anything there. The junk mail senders find ways to get around the computer program so too many e-mails I wanted went there but I removed the Junk Mail folder long ago!
 Simply put send to FSCO@pa.net if there is no response I didn't get it!!! I'm usually at my shop to 10PM quite often later. I will check e-mail when I get home and respond that night or next morning and NO Exceptions! As I said and will say it again if I didn't respond, I didn't get your e-mail or you didn't get my response!!!
  Some do get there items faster than others, that is because when I make a shoe or trigger for the Pardini or 1911 the ring is cut into 4, so I have 3 extra of each type. Same with shoes that add long pull length to the trigger I have to make a special ring, since I'm set-up I complete most of the work required so I have 3 additional that need only a little work to complete so often I complete an order quickly!
 As to serrations, I don't do them because I think they are a waste of time, I found the great feel from the smooth surface is what makes the shoe feel like the weights lowered. Quite a while ago I serrated a shoe for someone that begged me to do it, he sent back the smooth shoe and as I tell everyone I will modify at no charge except $4.50 to cover shipping. (that does not cover the envelope, plastic bag or tape) I serrated the shoe only to have it sent back again to have the serrations removed! Simply put I can't modify a trigger or shoe, I must make another ring of 4!
 Simply put is you want to pay $275 +$4.50 shipping for a shoe I'll have it in the mail in 2 days! $350 +shipping for Pardini trigger.
 Don't worry about the sour grapes James! I treat Every Target shooter as my friend! I'll help anyone I can and do not ignore anyone! As I said earlier If I don't respond to FSCO@pa.net it's because I didn't get the message or they didn't receive my reply!

Froneck

orpheoet, ak41, Pinetree, Allgoodhits and Arthur like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimsteele 11/28/2021, 6:58 am

Joe Morgan, I'm sorry that your experience with Frank was so bad. Mine was just the opposite, completely  positive.
As have been the few other interactions I have had with regular posters here...Jim

jimsteele

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 11/28/2021, 7:24 am

Wow, such whining. Froneck does this as a sideline. I have gotten quite a few shoes from him. He went out of his way and had to buy a trigger to match my Night Hawks'. His work is immaculate and he doesn't know me from Joe Blow. Did it take longer than I would of liked, yes. Would I do it again, you bet. I just got another shoe from him for my Pardini. If he comes out with a new design and have a pistol to fit it I will buy it. 

Bill
messenger
messenger

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bmize1 11/28/2021, 9:47 am

This is the third order I’ve placed with Frank and I have always received my orders.
That said, EVERY email he has sent me goes to my junk folder.
I tell this email program his address is not junk, but they still go there.

This package almost ended up in the garage can.
The small padded envelope had gotten shoved inside the sale paper adds when it was shoved in the mailbox I’m guessing.
When I put the mail on the table, the end of the envelope slid out the end and I saw it.

Frank makes a great product at a very reasonable price.

bmize1

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper 11/28/2021, 10:02 am

I like Franks work and like reading his contributions on this Forum as I do others. The shooters that have a sideline love this sport and love what they do, they probably work full-time at a regular job are extremely busy. They might have to finish up another job before they get back to your item, life might get in the way, just like it might with ours. It would be different with a full time business where they have a full-time secretary answering the phone. The sideline operators don't have time to be on the phone, that's why you get to contact by email.
 I don't like public bashing, that's why I learned a phrase told to me years ago, "If you can't say something nice about someone don't say anything at all".
 Stan

chopper

Scubaref likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SW-52 11/28/2021, 12:40 pm

Frank Trigger Shoes are the Best of the Best, he always response the e-mails. I have one trigger shoe in my 1911 and other in my 52-2. Frank is a great guy and he make the shoes for my pistols, he is on the states and i in Puerto Rico, he Always Glad to help.
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 11/28/2021, 2:35 pm

If e-mailing me at FSCO@pa.net put trigger or shoe in the Subject box. Let me know something related to the trigger or shoe. Most of my e-mails received have 1911 Shoe or Pardini Trigger in the Subject box. I get so much e-mail and most of it is junk mail so I might skip over something that I think is Junk Mail! If you have something else put that in the subject box but include shoe. There are quite a few guns I can't make a shoe or trigger for but I will explain that in the conversation. Most Revolvers are very difficult and if I do make one it will extend the pull length. The 52 is one that is difficult to make plus if made it will add quite a bit to pull length!

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by estuck 12/16/2021, 6:11 pm

Received my Pardini trigger today from Frank. Absolutely beautiful. Wonderful craftsmanship. Frank has been completely responsive, and thorough in his explanations of the different options. I have large hands with long fingers. I have tried numerous grips, putty, sanding, trigger adjustments, etc. to try and get my trigger finger placement in the "sweet spot", with no success. Franks is helping me with the proper trigger, grip angle to make it work. We are fortunate to have such a talented craftsman in the ranks of our sport.

estuck

Back to top Go down

Post by orpheoet 12/18/2021, 12:04 pm

I put one of these on my .32 to try and make up the half pound dfference in trigger pull. I love it. Highly recommend.
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 12/20/2021, 6:21 pm

Just a reminder for those that want triggers or shoes I will be taking a break at the end of the month to complete my projects. Also I have Aluminum Bronze to make only a combined total of 12 triggers and shoes. I will have to purchase more material when that is used. Like with what is happening with everything else I expect the cost of the material to increase! I do have a lot of Stainless Steel for anyone wanting Silver Stainless Steel triggers or shoes but they cost more.
 Up-date; now 10 triggers and shoes!
  Up-date; 9 available
   Up-Date; 8 available. Just has someone request 0° tilt. So 10°, 0° and -3° tilt is doable.

Last edited by Froneck on 12/24/2021, 2:57 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : up-date)

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down