Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTB RL Shockey “Mousetrap” mainspring retainer

2 posters

Go down

WTB  RL Shockey “Mousetrap” mainspring retainer Empty WTB RL Shockey “Mousetrap” mainspring retainer

Post by Drawman623 12/4/2021, 5:50 pm

As the title indicates. Yea I know, it’s a real long shot.   Since it’s removal is so pesky, I’m hoping someone has one they replaced with a conventional plunger. 

Shockey mags for the 1911 in .45 acp or .38 special or the beefy S bushing are welcome, as are full Shockey builds, but it’s the mousetrap I need right now. Photos of my Shockey pistol available soon.

Drawman623

Back to top Go down

WTB  RL Shockey “Mousetrap” mainspring retainer Empty Re: WTB RL Shockey “Mousetrap” mainspring retainer

Post by Jon Eulette 12/4/2021, 6:01 pm

The mouse trap is bassackwards device. It pushes the barrel up creating two additional drag points: the mouse trap contact point and the upper inner slide against the top of the barrel at the chamber. The barrel is supposed to rest flat on the receiver when the pistol is out of battery. It was never capable of applying enough force to assist in “real” lockup at the breech.
But for a complete Shockey pistol it’s a must have. Good luck!
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Drawman623 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum