Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great price on Sig Romeo 5

+3
hg401
Ray Dash
Tripscape
7 posters

Go down

Great price on Sig Romeo 5 Empty Great price on Sig Romeo 5

Post by Tripscape 12/25/2021, 11:12 pm

They usually don't dip under 100, especially with both high and low mounts.

May be a fake

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sig-Sauer-Romeo-5-1x20mm-2-MOA-Red-Dot-Sight-w-Mounts-SOR52001-/175079334596?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Last edited by Tripscape on 12/26/2021, 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Great price on Sig Romeo 5 Empty Re: Great price on Sig Romeo 5

Post by Ray Dash 12/26/2021, 5:07 am

Good deal, thanks.
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by hg401 12/26/2021, 7:30 am

I have 2 of these on my .22 pistols.  Might have to get a third one now.

hg401

Back to top Go down

Post by HSM 12/26/2021, 8:34 am

I would recommend checking to see if they are original, there are cheaper clones out there.

HSM

Back to top Go down

Great price on Sig Romeo 5 Empty Good point

Post by Coupebuilder 12/26/2021, 8:45 am

HSM wrote:I would recommend checking to see if they are original, there are cheaper clones out there.

I have also seen shady sellers marketing airsoft sights as their bigger brothers.  Or making the difference so indistinct you wont know until it breaks. Also do a search by part number , and sort by cheapest price, I see some for 84.99 and sellers have 100% feedback with thousands of sales, alway good to know.

Coupebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 12/26/2021, 9:19 am

Coupebuilder wrote:
HSM wrote:I would recommend checking to see if they are original, there are cheaper clones out there.

I have also seen shady sellers marketing airsoft sights as their bigger brothers.  Or making the difference so indistinct you wont know until it breaks. Also do a search by part number , and sort by cheapest price, I see some for 84.99 and sellers have 100% feedback with thousands of sales, alway good to know.

Cr@p. I checked few neutral reviews and it may be a fake. Wtf is going on with this world when you fake an already fairly inexpensive item. Ughhh.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Dash 12/26/2021, 9:20 am

How can you tell 100% if it is fake?
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 12/26/2021, 9:31 am

I put a disclaimer into original post, would hate anyone here being burned. In the listing they specify warrantee, which usually fake sellers do not put. However, it is very hard to distinguish which is which. I guess feel, small details, materials. Few neutral reviews mentioned different feel and details. It may be different batch / lot, change in processes as this dot existed for many years. For example Bushnell TRS 25 has no less than 8 iterations, all somewhat different. I cannot imagine that it makes financial sense to fake an already cheaper dot, but who knows? Current fakes are harder and harder to spot. Fakers use same tooling and processes withpossibly cheaper materials, if that. Same factory that does daytime production may be pumping out fakes at night.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by hg401 12/26/2021, 9:43 am

Tripscape wrote:I put a disclaimer into original post, would hate anyone here being burned. In the listing they specify warrantee, which usually fake sellers do not put. However, it is very hard to distinguish which is which. I guess feel, small details, materials. Few neutral reviews mentioned different feel and details. It may be different batch / lot, change in processes as this dot existed for many years. For example Bushnell TRS 25 has no less than 8 iterations, all somewhat different. I cannot imagine that it makes financial sense to fake an already cheaper dot, but who knows? Current fakes are harder and harder to spot. Fakers use same tooling and processes withpossibly cheaper materials, if that. Same factory that does daytime production may be pumping out fakes at night.

Creating the tooling might be too expensive for a "complete" fake of a product at this volume and pricepoint.  So I think you're point about "same factory" might be more likely.  You can save on lower quality electronics and get away with it as you don't have to be on the hook for warranty returns.  Could be ones with slight defects; sold without Sig's approval.  Or maybe just overstock. 

The seller is based in China, though the items ship from Georgia.

hg401

Back to top Go down

Post by TicTocer 12/26/2021, 11:42 am

I have not had much luck lately with China based eBay sellers recently. Shipping from US means nothing if they never ship. Or ship crap. A friend ordered a GoPro and package arrived with a pair of socks. Never got his refund.
Primary Arms had some for Romeo’s for under a 100.00 a few months ago. Almost ordered a couple.

TicTocer

Back to top Go down

Post by Coupebuilder 12/27/2021, 6:47 am

Heres the other tell tale on these.....look at sellers other items, in one case NOTHING else and the other kids toys. I spend a lot of time on ebay so maybe a little better at spotting fakes than others but they are usually sold by people with no other sporting goods items or a weird variety of items. They sell till they are caught and start a new account.  As others have mentioned many are made in the same factory but with lower cost and less attention paid. I always try to buy from the cheapest seller with long history and variety of similar products, usually its 10-15 bucks but if you need to send it in for warranty you have a read SIG dealer not joe-schmos dollar store. 
   Also "report" ebay finds that are scams, they will look into it. I have come across more plasma consumables I use in my business that are scams, than are the real thing. Right down to the laser engraved logo and plastic package. Only one tiny machined hole at the wrong angle gives them away. And they are smart now, instead of selling at 30% of the cost of USA made, they sell at a "reasonable discount" price of about 70%.  So not a dead giveaway by price alone.

EDIT: as a follow up if you want an eye opening study in knock offs just Google whatever scope/dot etc you are looking for and then + aliexpress. Currently you can buy dozens of the SIG for anywhere from 39.99 to 100.00 as well as EoTech for 39.99 and the pics look perfect (although if they were smart they would just use the original they copied from for the pics) but even the packagaing is indistingushable from OEM.

Coupebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ 12/27/2021, 11:42 am

Coupe, that is very helpfully information. Thanks

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: