Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(SOLD) WTS East Hartford High Standard Citation

+2
Gustavo1957
inthebeech
6 posters

Go down

(SOLD) WTS East Hartford High Standard Citation  Empty (SOLD) WTS East Hartford High Standard Citation

Post by inthebeech Wed 12 Jan 2022, 09:59

Great condition HS from East Hartford.  No abuse but does show general wear- much less than its age.  The steel-bottomed magazine came with it and the two others I bought new from Houston. Zero feeding/extraction issues or alibis.  No frame cracks.  Always dry fired with wall anchors. No round count before me but I never buy anything used below 95% condition.  I fired maybe a brick at most; nothing but CCI SV.  New set of springs throughout from Wolff.  There was a small crack in one of the wood grips which can only be seen from the inside.  A drop of instant glue and it is not going anywhere.

US Postal MO for $600, which includes shipping/insurance (CONUS only) and a copy of your local FFL (FFL may be emailed).
Thanks for
Attachments
(SOLD) WTS East Hartford High Standard Citation  Attachment
HS Lt2 r.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(227 Kb) Downloaded 64 times
HS Rt r.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(231 Kb) Downloaded 44 times
HS Top r.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(150 Kb) Downloaded 27 times
HS Lt r.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(227 Kb) Downloaded 25 times
HS group r.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(266 Kb) Downloaded 26 times

Last edited by inthebeech on Tue 07 Jun 2022, 18:03; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Removed for local interest. Buyer disappeared).)
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

(SOLD) WTS East Hartford High Standard Citation  Empty Re: (SOLD) WTS East Hartford High Standard Citation

Post by inthebeech Thu 03 Mar 2022, 06:49

Bumped for an interested user..
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

(SOLD) WTS East Hartford High Standard Citation  Empty Re: (SOLD) WTS East Hartford High Standard Citation

Post by Gustavo1957 Thu 03 Mar 2022, 07:12

TY for clarifying. I stay away from East Hartford guns.

Gustavo1957

Back to top Go down

Post by inthebeech Thu 26 May 2022, 21:18

I can bring this gun to the Jackson NJ DCM match this Saturday if anyone is thinking of buying and is going to shoot. I will still have to ship to an FFL but you can check it out.
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ Fri 27 May 2022, 01:38

This is an ML series East Hartford gun.  By all informed accounts, the ML guns are the equal of Hamden with possibly slightly less deep blueing, and some ML series were actually made in Hamden.  I own and shoot an E. Hartford ML Victor and it is wonderful. The extra magazines are $120 plus tax and shipping.  Fresh springs are nice, particularly because install is not the easiest affair.

Not sure why someone would categorically avoid East Hamden guns, but it may be a “collector thing.”  Functionally I don’t see and haven’t read a reliable account (and I’ve read a lot) that describes a real difference.  I’ve had or have both Hartford and East Hamden.  And the Citation vs Trophy is a matter of “bling” only. 

Good luck with the sale, very nice looking example!

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Fri 27 May 2022, 02:16

Gustavo1957 wrote:TY for clarifying. I stay away from East Hartford guns.
Was this really necessary?
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Pinetree likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gustavo1957 Fri 27 May 2022, 07:08

Jon,

Just my personal opinion after owning 12 High Standards. I still have 6 and use 2 for Bullseye. I've read the history on HS moving manufacturing form Hamden to East Hartford with left over parts issues from different sources. The one cracked frame I've had was an East Hartford. I'm a retired machinist and haven't been satisfied with end mill marks left on frames on East Hartford guns. I've taken a lot more apart at gun shows and shops to check them after I learned my lesson with the cracked frame. From the examples I've seen the Hamden guns were finished better.

Of course each gun is its own example to be stripped and examined. 

Price is certainly fair with new springs and the magazines.

Gustavo1957

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo Tue 31 May 2022, 22:38

Jon Eulette wrote:
Gustavo1957 wrote:TY for clarifying. I stay away from East Hartford guns.
Was this really necessary?
Jon
Agreed, the price is certainly very very fair; that is a really nice Citation. I have seen Hamden frames cracked as well.  Like all these HS the only cracks I have seen are on guns had many many rounds down the pipe. My friend Ralph, God rest his soul, he had 185,000 rounds shot on his Citation. 

The couple I have seen with cracks were fine for many more years after they were micro wielded.  

As we all know HV ammo is no good in these. But that breach face appears to be good.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

(SOLD) WTS East Hartford High Standard Citation  Empty Hi Std

Post by Larryb Wed 01 Jun 2022, 17:29

I'm interested in your Hi Standard. Give me a call at 215-795-0838.  Larry

Larryb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down