Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scam Alert: Gunsvalley.com

4 posters

Go down

Scam Alert: Gunsvalley.com Empty Scam Alert: Gunsvalley.com

Post by Grunt Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:16 pm

I apologize if this is not the right place to post.  Admin, pls feel free to relocate.

Fortunately, I figured it out before purchasing!!  The fraudulent company is Gunsvalley.com.

1)  They had a great deal on primers (way lower than most, but there are a few other that low too.  Maybe they are fraudulent too?  TBD.)
2)  They have a credit card option, but it was "broken" and would take two weeks to fix.  I've programmed, it shouldn't take that long.
3) They asked that I send them a Paypal direct payment using an email address they provide for confirmation.  Huge red flag, but now I'm really curious.
4)  So, I looked up their address on Maps, and it's a small warehouse in the middle of nowhere New Jersey, which appears empty. (no traffic, nada)
5)  The parcel appeared to be owned by "Northern Blueberry Company."  Ah, yeah.
6)  When I start asking questions, they suggested I use another online payment service.
7)  When I say ask them when their credit card service will be fixed, they broke contact.

Avoid Gunsvalley.com!

Grunt

Grunt

Richard Ashmore, Pinetree and RoyDean like this post

Back to top Go down

Scam Alert: Gunsvalley.com Empty Re: Scam Alert: Gunsvalley.com

Post by marchj123 Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:10 pm

thank you!

marchj123

Back to top Go down

Post by spursnguns Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:33 pm

Hello Grunt,

I referenced a friend to this thread today.  It saved him from making a very expensive mistake.

It's sad that we need to monitor such things.

Much appreciated, nonetheless.

Jim
spursnguns
spursnguns

Back to top Go down

Post by peg110 Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:25 am

Grunt wrote:I apologize if this is not the right place to post.  Admin, pls feel free to relocate.

Fortunately, I figured it out before purchasing!!  The fraudulent company is gunsvalley.com

1)  They had a great deal on primers (way lower than most, but there are a few other that low too.  Maybe they are fraudulent too?  TBD.)
2)  They have a credit card option, but it was "broken" and would take two weeks to fix.  I've programmed, it shouldn't take that long.
3) They asked that I send them a Paypal direct payment using an email address they provide for confirmation.  Huge red flag, but now I'm really curious.
4)  So, I looked up their address on Maps, and it's a small warehouse in the middle of nowhere New Jersey, which appears empty. (no traffic, nada)
5)  The parcel appeared to be owned by "Northern Blueberry Company."  Ah, yeah.
6)  When I start asking questions, they suggested I use another online payment service.
7)  When I say ask them when their credit card service will be fixed, they broke contact.

Avoid Gunsvalley.com!

Grunt

I was looking for primers and thought their price was really great, but having been scammed in the past, it raised a flag. I checked the WHOIS information and noticed the site was only created in August of last year.
WHOIS wrote:
Querying whois verisign-grs com]
[whois verisign-grs com]
Domain Name: GUNSVALLEY COM
Registry Domain ID: 2633022281_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois namecheap com
Registrar URL: namecheap com
Updated Date: 2022-05-27T13:18:25Z
Creation Date: 2021-08-10T23:09:55Z <------------------
Registry Expiry Date: 2023-08-10T23:09:55Z
Registrar: NameCheap, Inc.
Registrar IANA ID: 1068
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse at namecheap com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.6613102107
Domain Status: ok icann org/epp#ok
Name Server: NS1 HOSTSILO COM
Name Server: NS2 HOSTSILO COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
>>> Last update of whois database: 2022-06-22T12:01:27Z <<<
A bit more digging from Scam Doctor basically had low confidence. I like to be sure, so I kept looking, and found your review. I have to say, I concur that they are a scam and probably should be avoided.

Maybe not a complete scam, but some how I feel their overall objective is not an honorable business (maybe sub-par products or similar)

URLs removed/modified as a result of Forum Rules for New Members.

peg110

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down