Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IN STOCK !!!!- Aguila 22 LR Super Extra Standard Velocity

+9
jscot111
BE Mike
Jack H
RoyDean
DA/SA
Orion
RodJ
NukeMMC
alaronstein
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

IN STOCK !!!!- Aguila 22 LR Super Extra Standard Velocity Empty IN STOCK !!!!- Aguila 22 LR Super Extra Standard Velocity

Post by alaronstein 2/7/2022, 4:03 pm

IN STOCK !!!!- Aguila 22 LR Super Extra Standard Velocity at $4.95 per Box of 50rds. Limit of (14) boxes per order. UPS Ground Shipping charge of $12.00. The website ( interarmstx.com ) will be updated with this program on Monday. Some States have SPECIAL Requirements and Some States are FFL ONLY. We need your Gov't Issued Photo ID to prove that you are over 21 years of age. I plan to have Case Lots( of 2,000 rds) available at Camp Perry in July and August for the Matches !!!- Alan Aronstein

alaronstein

Back to top Go down

IN STOCK !!!!- Aguila 22 LR Super Extra Standard Velocity Empty Re: IN STOCK !!!!- Aguila 22 LR Super Extra Standard Velocity

Post by NukeMMC 2/7/2022, 8:06 pm

Shoots quite well in my CT Victors! I imagine the XSeries barrels like it also.
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

IN STOCK !!!!- Aguila 22 LR Super Extra Standard Velocity Empty Re: IN STOCK !!!!- Aguila 22 LR Super Extra Standard Velocity

Post by RodJ 2/8/2022, 6:41 pm

Paging Dr. Aronstein. Can’t find the Aguila on your website.

Belay that. Found it!

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion 10/8/2022, 9:15 am

Is this ammo any good at 50 yards? I havent heard too many people say they use this.

Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA 10/8/2022, 9:30 am

Orionsic wrote:Is this ammo any good at 50 yards? I havent heard too many people say they use this.

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20124-agulia-22-super-extra

I'd recommend doing your own test with your gun.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

IN STOCK !!!!- Aguila 22 LR Super Extra Standard Velocity Empty Aguila 22 LR SE- Current Special Pricing !!!

Post by alaronstein 10/8/2022, 9:56 am

At this time, we are offering a special fall/winter price on the Aguila 22 LR SE Ammunition !!! It is VERY competitive to the prices that are listed by our competition. The current website pricing will be deleted on Monday. We can ship in 2000 and 4000 round multiples. We calculated that those sizes and weights will get best pricing on UPS Ground. UPS adds on for residential delivery and a FUEL surcharge(which varies daily). Please call at 713-476-0888 or email for pricing and a freight estimate. - Alan Aronstein

alaronstein

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 10/8/2022, 2:57 pm

Orionsic,

I have used a lot of Aguila Super Extra SV, both the boxes labelled "Eley Primed" and more recent production labelled "Aguila Primed". Other than the label, I have not discerned any difference in the ammo.

I typically train at 25yds and have found this ammo to be accurate and reliable in Pardini, MG2, Ruger 22/45, various brands of 1911 conversion, Walther GSP, , etc. 

This morning we had an 1,800 practice match, with SF at 50yds. Weather was bright sunshine with an intermittent medium blustery wind - not ideal. I shot all 22 and was experimenting with ammo and other things that I'm currently working on. In the second 900 I used my David Sams Marvel, first two SF cards using Lapua Center-X for a 95 and a 94. I then switched to AgSEx and shot a 95 with, arguably, a tighter group. 

I was not surprised by the result. Past experience tells me that Aguila is good ammo at a very reasonable price.

YMMV

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ 10/9/2022, 10:54 am

Alan - fyi I sent you an email inquiry on 9/26 for Aguila sale (in response to your 9/23 email announcement) and have not received a reply. Kind of tough to order ammo if I send an inquiry, as instructed by your email, and don’t hear anything back. Might check your spam / junk folder.

RodJ

Back to top Go down

IN STOCK !!!!- Aguila 22 LR Super Extra Standard Velocity Empty Missing E mail ???

Post by alaronstein 10/9/2022, 11:31 am

I could not find the email in the Spam Filter. Please send your phone number or call me at 713-476-0888. - Alan

alaronstein

RodJ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 10/9/2022, 12:12 pm

I have 2-3 cases of Aguila SV from about 10+ years ago.  It showed varying weak cycling impulse.  Is the new Aguila better?
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion 10/9/2022, 12:29 pm

RoyDean wrote:Orionsic,

I have used a lot of Aguila Super Extra SV, both the boxes labelled "Eley Primed" and more recent production labelled "Aguila Primed". Other than the label, I have not discerned any difference in the ammo.

I typically train at 25yds and have found this ammo to be accurate and reliable in Pardini, MG2, Ruger 22/45, various brands of 1911 conversion, Walther GSP, , etc. 

This morning we had an 1,800 practice match, with SF at 50yds. Weather was bright sunshine with an intermittent medium blustery wind - not ideal. I shot all 22 and was experimenting with ammo and other things that I'm currently working on. In the second 900 I used my David Sams Marvel, first two SF cards using Lapua Center-X for a 95 and a 94. I then switched to AgSEx and shot a 95 with, arguably, a tighter group. 

I was not surprised by the result. Past experience tells me that Aguila is good ammo at a very reasonable price.

YMMV

Thanks for the insight

Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Back to top Go down

IN STOCK !!!!- Aguila 22 LR Super Extra Standard Velocity Empty Aguila Ammunition Update

Post by alaronstein 11/28/2022, 11:11 pm

Interarms has received its' last shipment of 22 LR Super Extra Standard Velocity Ammunition for this year. The price is $149.50 per case of 2,000 rounds. That is $3.75 per box of 50 rounds. We can ship in 2,000 or 4,000 round multiples. UPS Ground Rates will apply at time of order. UPS rates change based on fuel Surcharges !!!  You can call us @ 713-476-0888 to order. - Alan Aronstein

alaronstein

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 11/29/2022, 9:19 am

I'd choose CCI Standard Velocity over Aguila, especially when the price is less. https://www.targetsportsusa.com/cci-mini-mag-22-long-rifle-ammo-40-grain-copper-plated-round-nose-3050cc-p-110580.aspx?trafficsource=AmmoSeek
BE Mike
BE Mike

Pinetree likes this post

Back to top Go down

IN STOCK !!!!- Aguila 22 LR Super Extra Standard Velocity Empty CCI makes GREAT Ammunition

Post by alaronstein 11/29/2022, 9:34 am

The loading that you reference is Bulk High Velocity Ammunition. Agui;a and Other Manufactures have the same HV ammunition at promotional pricing !!! My favorite blasting ammunition is Federal from Walmart. The price in my area with tax is less than .072 per round. Thanks for your comments.- Alan Aronstein

alaronstein

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 11/30/2022, 7:50 am

You are so right. I apologize for the error. Here is some CCI Standard Velocity with free shipping, from a well known company: https://www.sgammo.com/product/22-lr-ammo/5000-round-case-22-lr-cci-standard-velocity-40-grain-lead-bullet-ammo-0035
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by jscot111 11/30/2022, 7:58 am

Nothing but trouble with CCI SV the last couple of years, multiple lots. No problems with Aquilla Super Extra.
Scott

jscot111

RoyDean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sdog30 11/30/2022, 1:43 pm

I bought a few cases of this Aguila at camp perry. My first impressions were positive as the groupings seemed as good as cci sv. It even seemed like less kick than cmp eley.

Now that its colder here in the northeast, I have had several issues with my gun not ejecting the spent round. I think it's because of the lower velocity.

I have a Pardini for reference. I'll still use it for slow fire and practice, just not timed or rapid in a match. Still think it's good ammo, but just thought I'd mention that.

Sdog30

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Yesterday at 7:41 am

I've had a lot of duds with my latest purchase of Aguila that I purchased a couple of months ago. Some go off after a second try and others not with several tries. I probably average 3-5 duds per box of 50.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

IN STOCK !!!!- Aguila 22 LR Super Extra Standard Velocity Empty Aguila Duds

Post by alaronstein Yesterday at 8:49 am

Please report the lot number of the ammunition to Aguila. You can also send the lot number to me with your contact info and, I will forward the info to them. Thanks, Alan Aronstein

alaronstein

Back to top Go down

IN STOCK !!!!- Aguila 22 LR Super Extra Standard Velocity Empty COLD Weather -Not Ejecting

Post by alaronstein Yesterday at 9:05 am

Twenty + years ago, I was having a conversation with Gerry Bentz. He was from MI and was an avid Bullseye Shooter. He told me a story about our pistols and cold weather. He said that oil gets thicker in cold weather(makes since) and will slow down the cycle of the Target Pistols. He said that shooters experiencing problems that have just started with the cold weather could easily fix the problem. They should clean their pistols and use Marvel Mystery Oil !!! I have been giving out that advice for YEARS and, it works. Gerry was an engineer (I think). His day job was the head(VP-I think) of Chrysler Motors lubricants division. Give that a try.- Alan Aronstein

alaronstein

Sdog30 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinetree Yesterday at 10:01 am

Here in pennsylvania, it can get quite cold in the hunting season, so dad used to wipe his rifle down with lighter fluid, figuring it would be okay for just one or two days.
Pinetree
Pinetree

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Yesterday at 10:39 am

Cold weather will affect cycling but duds are typically a different animal.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sdog30 Yesterday at 10:45 am

I didn't have any duds.

Maybe check your firing pin. Mine broke last year, but was still firing because the end that broke stayed in place. It was striking the rim, but sometimes the round wouldn't go off. I thought it was bad ammo at the time. Until the piece fell out and stopped firing all together.

I agree about the cold. I don't seem to have the same issue with Eley though. I think it's hotter ammo, though.

Sdog30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sdog30 Yesterday at 10:47 am

I was impressed and happy with how the Aguila shot before that though. Definitely wouldn't hesitate to buy it again. I'll have to try the Marvel oil trick. I'm pretty bad about cleaning my gun, too so I'm sure that didn't help.

Sdog30

Back to top Go down

IN STOCK !!!!- Aguila 22 LR Super Extra Standard Velocity Empty Duds and Cycling Issues ???

Post by alaronstein Yesterday at 10:59 am

You are correct that they are different Issues !!! I wrote different responses to the two different Issues. - Alan Aronstein

alaronstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next