Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Practice vs match

+15
Arthur
wealth212
TomH_pa
hotshot9
BE Mike
NukeMMC
Jack H
Jwhelan939
Texasref
-TT-
orpheoet
Jon Eulette
Ed Hall
Wobbley
jwax
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Practice vs match - Page 2 Empty Practice vs match

Post by jwax 2/15/2022, 7:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

This topic must have been discussed before, but my search didn't find it.
I practice, sorry, train at home. About 40' in the basement, .22 only. After some settling in, I manage 1" groups usually, with the occasional flyer.
At a club match, with friends that I shoot with every week, there are jitters. My concentration isn't anywhere near while shooting at home. Can't really call it "match anxiety", because the matches aren't important at all. My shot process just falls apart.
If I go to the club alone, shots are not as bad, but still not matching the home range accuracy, and thought process.
Maybe go to the club more often and train?
Any thoughts on what I can do to get the matches to match the practice?
jwax
jwax

Back to top Go down

Practice vs match - Page 2 Empty Re: Practice vs match

Post by chopper 3/15/2022, 9:44 pm

"You gotta know what you can walk up to the line a do from a stone cold start. Be sure to do in in the rain and wind when you can.  Don't just go to the range on fair weather days"

Cecil, my cold start is improving slowly, I used to wish the TF stages were before the Slow, so I would be more deliberate instead of holding longer for the perfect shot. I now use the prep time to dry-fire and get the shot off on a 2 count. Yes training in inclement weather is good, especially the wind.
  Thank you for sharing.
Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2