Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Large pistol primers for sale

+10
Allgoodhits
Pilsudski
JKR
BruceV
ermakevin
Blsi2600
RoyDean
dannyd93140
bluemalibu111
GySgt0811
14 posters

Go down

Large pistol primers for sale Empty Large pistol primers for sale

Post by GySgt0811 Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:26 pm

I have 2 cases of Federal large pistol primers, unopened. 5000 No. 150 primers per case. Selling for $500 each case.

GySgt0811

Back to top Go down

Large pistol primers for sale Empty Re: Large pistol primers for sale

Post by bluemalibu111 Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:17 pm

Delete your account here and go to gun broker.

bluemalibu111

spursnguns, zanemoseley, 10sandxs and classicbob like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyd93140 Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:20 pm

Where are located it would have to a FTF sale because you may be unable to ship them.
dannyd93140
dannyd93140

Jwhelan939 and bbt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:39 pm

Well, much as most everyone on this forum dislikes gougers and the current supply/demand situation, I know that there are plenty of folks (and clubs/teams) who are desperate for LPP's to meet their match ammo needs for this coming season.

So. IMHO. Let the man offer them at his price. If there are takers, so be it. But I agree that to legally ship them is quite tricky. FTF is the only practical way.

RoyDean

Blsi2600, Bubba Blaster, orpheoet, Allgoodhits, PhotoEscape and sayracin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blsi2600 Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:11 am

The only person that can gouge you is YOU.

Blsi2600

Steve B, Allgoodhits and Arthur like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ermakevin Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:30 am

haha

ermakevin

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceV Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:43 am

I don't know the OP, his asking price is a little lower than several major suppliers at the moment if you can even get it.  I agree the prices are crazy, but he is not out of line posting here, as stated earlier someone may be in need and willing to pay.

I can't believe what I have been paying for .22 ammunition, it's all nuts, but if you want to shoot, it is the cost of doing business.

BruceV

Arthur likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:04 am

I was at a Scheels store about a week ago. I was surprised to see primers on the shelf. They had apparently sold out of large primers but had both small pistol and small rifle with a one brick per customer limit. The price was 79.95/M for Federal and 110/M for CCI. I was surprised at the cost difference. 
The prices are high for sure but it’s encouraging to see them appearing on the shelf again. 
I’ve also been seeing 22 ammo starting to appear at reasonable prices.
This could be a indication that things are starting to loosen up. 
JKR

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilsudski Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:42 am

If you can hold out a little longer, I think you will be rewarded.  Ammo on the shelves is really starting to fill up.  9mm and 223 are back down to pregouge prices and available.  I picked up 2,000 Lapua center x a month ago at 12.99 which is even a slight discount to pregouge prices.  I have found primers the last 3 months.  The ammo manufacturers also control the primer production and ammo is their first priority.  As the shelves continue to fill with ammo, primers will start to be more available.  Now we just need regular folks to stock up their own shelves to get past the hording.

Pilsudski

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:55 pm

He has them, he has set his price.
If they are worth his price to you, have at it. You have found some quality primers.
If they are not worth his price to you, don't buy them.

Last edited by Allgoodhits on Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Steve B, Bubba Blaster and Arthur like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyd93140 Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:42 pm

That's why I asked where he was at; I have already purchased primers at that price and will do so again.   Don't know about the rest of you but when I started driving gas was about 30 cents a gallon, so prices do go up that's  just life. The only thing I ask for at that price is they have to be new stock.
dannyd93140
dannyd93140

Allgoodhits and RoyDean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by john1644 Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:18 pm

I'll drink to that........and I can remember paying under 30 cents a gallon for gas.

john1644

Back to top Go down

Post by Bestdentist99 Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:06 pm

I just received I was very happy to pay $99 for 1,000 Winchester Large pistol and $110 for Federal 150 primers, plus $65 Hazmat fee from Miwall Corp. Fast shipping and excellent communication and packaging. Was I gouged - well, if I go back to pre-Covid $35 for 1,000 I absolutely was. Was I gouged when I paid $700 for a case of .22 CCI SV ammo from Target Sports? I guess I was, because I paid under $350 for the same case not that long ago to the same seller. Was I happy to pay these prices just to enable me to participate in the sport I love- YOU BET! ( my other choice was to throw pebbles at the targets). Supply and demand trump all. Just look at the $5.10/ gallon Regular Gas prices at my local gas station.

Bestdentist99

Back to top Go down

Post by inthebeech Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:32 pm

[quote="Pilsudski"]If you can hold out a little longer, I think you will be rewarded.  Ammo on the shelves is really starting to fill up.  9mm and 223 are back down to pregouge prices and available.  I picked up 2,000 Lapua center x a month ago at 12.99 which is even a slight discount to pregouge prices.  I have found primers the last 3 months.  The ammo manufacturers also control the primer production and ammo is their first priority.  As the shelves continue to fill with ammo, primers will start to be more available.  Now we just need regular folks to stock up their own shelves to get past the hording.[/quote]

I'm not so sure.  Supply and demand says that the longer we are forced to "sit tight" the larger our initial order will be when we eventually see them.  I'd agree.  A year ago if I came across a warehouse full, I think I would have bought a case.  Today my "no limit" quantity would be four cases.  And in another year I think I would be foolish not to get ten cases if it were available.  I don't think were nearly over the hump.  I think that we're in a scenario now where marginally invested shooters, older shooters, new shooters, are going to leave Bullseye.  Those that are still hanging in there are saving up the cash for the mother of all primer purchases which will keep demand where it is today; just fewer people with deeper pockets.    
A THIRD of the total firing positions were unused last weekend at a REGIONAL match in a heavily populated area of the northeast. Last year this same June match had a wait list.
inthebeech
inthebeech

Arthur likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:09 pm

Scheels in fargo has sp at $85/1000. I think it will loosen up in the notntoo distant future... like november...

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down