Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comment on SK .22 Ammo

4 posters

Go down

Comment on SK .22 Ammo Empty Comment on SK .22 Ammo

Post by Dr.Don Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:48 am

I found a brick of SK Pistol Match Special a few weeks ago and am working my way through it.  It is accurate and shoots well in my Marvel.  However, it is over 90 degrees here in Central Texas every day from about May through September, and whatever waxy lube SK uses liquefies in our temps.  Every time I load a magazine I feel like l've just handled a stick of butter and need to wash my hands in order to get a good grip on the pistol.  None of the other brands of ammo I have used have ever done this.  JAGD loads both SK and Wolf, so I'm wondering if the Wolf ammo is lubed with this same stuff.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Comment on SK .22 Ammo Empty Re: Comment on SK .22 Ammo

Post by DavidR Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:10 am

Its not the temp, all SK feels that way even at 50 degrees and yes Wolf is the same way, one reason i seldom use it anymore, its just messy. A good red grease rag from automotive type use is good to have to wipe your hands on after loading.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:28 pm

I like all the SK Lapua ammo.    Given the choice between a sticky lube  and a hard waxy one, that CCI has, ( that can cause feeding problems in tight chambered guns)  I will take the sticky lube, any day.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by mparker Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:40 pm

I don't use SK but I do use Wolf Match Extra. I keep a supply of Zeiss wet tissues for cleaning camera optics so I throw a few in my pistol box and ammo bag. Works well for the dots too.

mparker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down