Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s official I’m moving to Carmel Indiana

5 posters

Go down

It’s official I’m moving to Carmel Indiana  Empty It’s official I’m moving to Carmel Indiana

Post by James Hensler Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:05 pm

I leave for Carmel on April 21! Got to find a range to get in some practice for the nationals
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

It’s official I’m moving to Carmel Indiana  Empty Re: It’s official I’m moving to Carmel Indiana

Post by shanneba Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:43 pm

A new Hoosier!!

Marion County fish and game is on the west side of Indy.
They don't have a 50-yard line, shoot only 25 yards.

Home | Marion County Fish and Game (indyrange.net)

“2700” NRA Approved Conventional Pistol Match Program 
Saturday, May 14, 2022 
Saturday, June 11, 2022 

Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol club is way south in Indiana (close to Louisville Ky.)
They have a 50-yard outdoor range. They have outdoor matches starting in April.

HOME - Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club (sirapc.com)

There is an Indoor 25-yard range in Seymore, In.
Accuracy Unlimited Firearms, Archery and Range - Home (accuracyunlimitedllc.com)

shanneba

James Hensler likes this post

Back to top Go down

It’s official I’m moving to Carmel Indiana  Empty Re: It’s official I’m moving to Carmel Indiana

Post by inthebeech Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:59 am

You must miss the seasons as I did.  Folks thought I was insane moving from North Carolina back up north (PA).  No way I was going to be without Fall and Winter.  
Good for you.
If you’re driving and want to stretch your legs about the time you’re going through PA, give me a shout.
inthebeech
inthebeech

James Hensler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:01 am

My father in law is getting old and needs help so that’s one reason. The other is I am buying a 1968 Hemi Barracuda to go drag racing again! It’s official I’m moving to Carmel Indiana  20820710
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:26 am

James, the heydays of the big hemi. They took a lot of pro stock matches, Sox & Martin vs Nicholson vs Grumpy. The big 3 carmakers had great engines back then.
 Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by shanneba Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:27 am

Indianapolis Raceway park is close to Marion County Fish and game Smile

shanneba

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:24 am

I’m on the opposite side of Indy
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:26 am

chopper wrote:James, the heydays of the big hemi. They took a lot of pro stock matches, Sox & Martin vs Nicholson vs Grumpy. The big 3 carmakers had great engines back then.
 Stan
Yes sir! I’m going crazy and my class is that SS A/H  8.30’s at 161 in Indy The engine for it alone is 85k and I bought 2 of them that came back from builder after getting freshened up
James Hensler
James Hensler

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:00 am

James, I remember when I first started going to the races, that 8.30s were AA/Gas dragster's fastest times. Good luck racing, and set some records.

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:00 pm

I’m just as eager to shoot the National’s because I missed them last year
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrell Cox Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:58 am

I just wanted all to know; Marion County Fish and Game located on west side of Indy does have a 50 yard range for bullseye/precision pistol.
They shoot a Buddy match (bring a new shooter and coach them) usually scheduled in April, and the whole match is shot at 25 yards.
All their other 2700s are shot at conventional distance of 50 yards for slow and 25 for T/R on turning targets.

Darrell Cox

shanneba likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:09 pm

Darrell Cox wrote:I just wanted all to know; Marion County Fish and Game located on west side of Indy does have a 50 yard range for bullseye/precision pistol.
They shoot a Buddy match (bring a new shooter and coach them) usually scheduled in April, and the whole  match is shot at 25 yards.
All their other 2700s are shot at conventional distance of 50 yards for slow and 25 for T/R on turning targets.
Thank god!
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down