Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updating DR Points... Requesting Help

+7
Jon Eulette
noalibis.mary
TonyH
-TT-
Toz35m
SteveT
adminbot1911
11 posters

Go down

Updating DR Points... Requesting Help Empty Updating DR Points... Requesting Help

Post by adminbot1911 3/13/2022, 9:15 pm

Hello all, I had taken a break from the forum for a minute but have not taken a break from shooting, just expanding my profile to some more run and gun stuff.

I was checking the NRA distinguished revolver points site and it seems that I didn't have points updated for my most recent match.  

How do I go about getting this fixed?  I have copies of all match results.  Happy to call or email anybody. 

Cheers
adminbot1911
adminbot1911

Back to top Go down

Updating DR Points... Requesting Help Empty Re: Updating DR Points... Requesting Help

Post by SteveT 3/14/2022, 8:23 am

They are understaffed, under-budgeted and often slow entering scores. You can contact them at (877) 672-6282 or comphelp@nrahq.org and ask, but probably they will update everything in a batch sometime before the the National Championships in July.

https://competitions.nra.org/
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Updating DR Points... Requesting Help Empty Re: Updating DR Points... Requesting Help

Post by Toz35m 3/14/2022, 3:41 pm

If you look at your current classifications it should show your current point count.
Toz35m
Toz35m

Back to top Go down

Post by adminbot1911 3/16/2022, 12:41 am

Toz35m wrote:If you look at your current classifications it should show your current point count.

It's not showing up on the contenders site, https://competitions.nra.org/media/8319/distinguished-revolver-contenders.pdf so I'm pretty sure that it's not on my own classification screen.

I sent a message to the NRA general POC to see about activating my account, which I'm not sure I ever established.

I'd still like to talk to a human about updating the points, though.  It's pretty simple, the match bulletins have the location and date and should have been recorded with the NRA when the matches were shot.

This is kind of disappointing, if I must be honest.
adminbot1911
adminbot1911

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 3/16/2022, 8:27 am

You might want to check with the match official scorer, to see when (/whether!) the scores were submitted. When you say "most recent", are we talking a few months?
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz35m 3/16/2022, 10:50 am

adminbot1911 wrote:
Toz35m wrote:If you look at your current classifications it should show your current point count.

It's not showing up on the contenders site, https://competitions.nra.org/media/8319/distinguished-revolver-contenders.pdf so I'm pretty sure that it's not on my own classification screen.

I sent a message to the NRA general POC to see about activating my account, which I'm not sure I ever established.

I'd still like to talk to a human about updating the points, though.  It's pretty simple, the match bulletins have the location and date and should have been recorded with the NRA when the matches were shot.

The contenders list shows I only have 12 pts but I know I have 18.  On the Classifications page it shows I have 18.  Check your current classifications.  When I noticed they are keeping my accurate number of pts on the classification updated I stopped checking the other source.  The last time I checked the PDF they had it had an older updated date.  This one shows a more current date but does not seem to match the number of points I have.
Toz35m
Toz35m

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 3/16/2022, 8:14 pm

The NRA takes forever and a day to update DR points, don’t bother or worry about getting them to do anything about it. Just keep shooting DR matches till you get total needed to get the DR medal…….they will update in their own sweet time and schedule…….it’s the new NRA!
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by adminbot1911 3/16/2022, 8:56 pm

-TT- wrote:You might want to check with the match official scorer, to see when (/whether!) the scores were submitted. When you say "most recent", are we talking a few months?

A few months I could tolerate, but it's been a few years.

The match official confirmed they were sent in 2019.
Attachments
Updating DR Points... Requesting Help Attachment
DR screenshot Cropped.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(67 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
adminbot1911
adminbot1911

LenV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by adminbot1911 3/16/2022, 9:21 pm

Actually now that I read it with fresh eyes there is nothing saying they were sent to the NRA.  Only that they were posted.  But this is a well-established match with an experienced director so I'm having a hard time thinking they weren't sent.
adminbot1911
adminbot1911

Back to top Go down

Updating DR Points... Requesting Help Empty Getting what you deserve!

Post by noalibis.mary 3/17/2022, 10:11 am

One of the side-effects of NRA not keeping up with points earned for several years, has been that neither shooters nor Match Directors have been sure who to report as Distinguished for a given match.  

I recently tracked down credit for one of my NJ shooters who should have gotten points that looked like they had been earned by another shooter who had deserved to have legged out before that date!  It took some work to back trace, but since the NRA has finally published lists for 2021 and 2020 and 2019 I could document the case...When I emailed Shelly with the details, she replied she was forwarding to "Terry Sutherland (tsutherland@nrahq.or) – she is handling the DR"...
Terry never replied, but when I did a recent classification lookup, I DID see my shooter's status as Distinguished Revolver (though, as it has also been noted in this thread, his name does not yet appear in the published lists!  I hope to hear this weekend if he has actually gotten notification and/or his badge yet!)

The moral of the story is, don't give up - contact your Match Director for documentation (or help, especially if you earned points in NJ!)

noalibis.mary

https://www.NJPistol.com

sig 99 and adminbot1911 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 3/17/2022, 10:47 am

I just checked my DR points. Not correct. I’ve mailed in match results 3x and still not annotated. Maybe 4th time be charm?
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by adminbot1911 3/17/2022, 6:04 pm

noalibis.mary wrote:One of the side-effects of NRA not keeping up with points earned for several years, has been that neither shooters nor Match Directors have been sure who to report as Distinguished for a given match.  

I didn't even think of this.  When you get too far behind in calculations the second and third order effects affect the computation of points for non-distinguished competitors.

Do you recommend that I email Terry?  I was used to communicating with Beth in a past life.
adminbot1911
adminbot1911

Back to top Go down

Updating DR Points... Requesting Help Empty contact at NRA

Post by noalibis.mary 3/17/2022, 9:29 pm

I always have had great help and email response from Shelly at mkramer@nrahq.org

noalibis.mary

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 3/17/2022, 10:22 pm

When you get the NRA on the horn, put in a good word for my 2018 sectional awards.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Updating DR Points... Requesting Help Empty Another example from one of my matches

Post by noalibis.mary 3/18/2022, 10:05 am

I was just looking up something else (for NJ Indoor Championship match this weekend) and found ANOTHER example of "lost" DR points - I just sent my documentation for this new case to Shelly and Terry (see previous post)!!

Since I personally knew at the time of the match (last Sept. in this latest case) the specific "local" shooters who "should have" already earned DR (sometime in the previous 2 years) I made a notation in my results to that effect.  I also have saved copies of reports that I submit to NRA!

I'd hope to spread the word to any competitors who were "close" to getting points (and to Match Directors) who might recognize some names in those "new" 2019, 2020, 2021 lists who were counted as non-D when results were sent in.  Check your records - make sure everyone gets what they have earned!

PS-No, I have not forgotten about National Records, Sectional medallions and National awards from MANY past years...I periodically make my pleas...and I will continue...!

noalibis.mary

adminbot1911 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by adminbot1911 3/21/2022, 6:52 am

Toz35m wrote:
adminbot1911 wrote:

The contenders list shows I only have 12 pts but I know I have 18.  On the Classifications page it shows I have 18.  Check your current classifications.  When I noticed they are keeping my accurate number of pts on the classification updated I stopped checking the other source.  The last time I checked the PDF they had it had an older updated date.  This one shows a more current date but does not seem to match the number of points I have.

You were right. The points were correct on my competitor portal with the date of the last match and everything. I asked Shelly if she could make sure the main page reflected.
adminbot1911
adminbot1911

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz35m 3/21/2022, 12:51 pm

john bickar wrote:When you get the NRA on the horn, put in a good word for my 2018 sectional awards.

Are you still waiting for the award points you can't use any more?  I just found 10 in a pocket of a jacket.
Toz35m
Toz35m

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 3/23/2022, 8:53 pm

I've been following this thread. On a whim, I went to NRA competitor lookup to check on something else. To my surprise the NRA website has me as Precision Pistol Revolver DISTINGUISHED effective 3/9/22. 

I had received nothing from NRA. I simply found this looking for something else. You may what to look yourself up. You may get a surprise, I did. I knew I was close, but apparently over the top now. Yippy!

DISTINGUISHED - PRECISION PISTOL - REVOLVER* * DISTINGUISHED * *3/9/2022
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Updating DR Points... Requesting Help Empty Just FYI

Post by noalibis.mary 3/23/2022, 9:10 pm

I did see some "new" Distinguished Revolver shooters this weekend at NJ Indoor Championship...no one has been contacted by NRA yet to congratulate them...and no badges were received yet...

PS-If anyone has a copy of the previous "Contenters" .pdf (from Jan 2020?) can you please contact me off-list.  Thanks, Mary

noalibis.mary

Back to top Go down

Post by brassmaster 3/24/2022, 11:38 am

john bickar wrote:When you get the NRA on the horn, put in a good word for my 2018 sectional awards.
Please put in a good word too, for our 2016 Regional Medals & Awards.
brassmaster
brassmaster

http://www.whitehorsecenter.org, click on Brassmasters

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs 4/1/2022, 6:13 am

A friend saw I didn't have all the points I should have. I found the match bulletins and sent them to NRA. The next day, I recieved an email from Terry indicating they missed/didn't have my canton 2020 points so I'm now distinguished. It looks like thery're at least trying again. Maybe things will get better, but they have a big hole to dig out of so I'll be patient with them for a bit longer...

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 4/1/2022, 6:26 am

10sandxs wrote:A friend saw I didn't have all the points I should have. I found the match bulletins and sent them to NRA. The next day, I recieved an email from Terry indicating they missed/didn't have my canton 2020 points so I'm now distinguished. It looks like thery're at least trying again. Maybe things will get better, but they have a big hole to dig out of so I'll be patient with them for a bit longer...
Congrats on Distinguished.  cheers
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down