Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still in search for the .22 BE pistol with the least compromises

+15
Jack H
285wannab
Froneck
SW-52
Fotomaniac
Sc0
john bickar
Jon Eulette
LenV
Merick
chiz1180
ric1911a1
DA/SA
zanemoseley
mhayford45
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Still in search for the .22 BE pistol with the least compromises  - Page 2 Empty Still in search for the .22 BE pistol with the least compromises

Post by mhayford45 3/18/2022, 10:06 am

First topic message reminder :

Over the years of shooting BE, I think I have shot or owned every .22 pistol made. All had unique aspects on the positive and negative sides. I have been shooting a Hammerli SP20 RRS for about a year now. It has a few negatives and for me the least amount of negatives. 

On the positive side: 
It points correctly when I raise it  
It balances well and balance can be tuned
It functions very...very well
The trigger is adjustable, consistent and clean
It looks good/cool

On the negative side:
The grip required modifications to fit my hand. more than I would have liked to deal with
The grip would feel better if it were 3D adjustable, made of wood and separate from the mag well 
The trigger could be a little better with adjustments for roll
The trigger is complex and one small adjustment can cause a complete readjustment 
parts are hard to come by 

Overall, I still shoot about the same scores with any of the guns I have owned. There were a few I really disliked due to more negatives. 

I would be interesting to compare notes....

mhayford45

Back to top Go down

Still in search for the .22 BE pistol with the least compromises  - Page 2 Empty Re: Still in search for the .22 BE pistol with the least compromises

Post by troystaten 3/20/2022, 11:55 pm

I know a lot of people don't like S&W model 41's but mine has been very reliable and more than accurate enough.  I know some people put Clark barrels on them as an option or have had the barrels re-lined.  As for triggers I like the one on mine.  The other plus is the grip angle is closer to a 1911 than a Euro pistol.  For the 41's it does seem like the newer ones are more likely to give people grief.

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Still in search for the .22 BE pistol with the least compromises  - Page 2 Empty Re: Still in search for the .22 BE pistol with the least compromises

Post by SmokinNJokin 3/22/2022, 7:57 am

For me, the MG2 is the champ. I didn't have any issues learning the weird operating system, took 5 minutes. Has never jammed on me with all kinds of ammo. Clearing a live round is not difficult. The iron sights are phenomenal, so is the factory grip. The trigger is incredible. I liked the AW93 and the 208/215, and I love my marvel conversion, but the MG2 is like a purpose-built race car. Only downside is the transition to 1911 with slabs. The price is very attractive as well. 

Here would be my ranking, but take with a grain of salt from someone who has never shot above 869 with a 22 and just started using a dot last year...

1) Marvel conversion with identical lower to your .45 (same safeties, slabs, identical trigger, same checkering, etc). pay alex hamilton $50 to re-crown your barrel, or get it relined.
2) Matchguns MG2 with aimpoint 9000sc 
3) Tie between 208S/215S and AW93
4) All the other guns.

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Post by orpheoet 3/22/2022, 11:10 am

I have or had Ruger MKIII, S&W M41, H S M107, Hammerli 280, Hammerli 215, Marvel on a .38 Wadcutter lower, and the winner is Pardini SP with Rink grips. I shoot it better than the others, it never alibis, still in production. With the newish Eley Bullseye ammo it is also the most accurate though I've only tested off sandbags. It also runs with just about every decent .22 SV. All off my best .22 targets have been shot with the Pardini. Shot a 194 SF match indoors a few weeks ago. Not a big deal for some but for me a personal best.
orpheoet
orpheoet

troystaten likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2