Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dovetail adapter for S&W Model 52-2

+2
Wobbley
djw1cav
6 posters

Go down

Dovetail adapter for S&W Model 52-2 Empty Dovetail adapter for S&W Model 52-2

Post by djw1cav Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:10 pm

I am looking for an Aimpoint micro dovetail adapter for my S&W Model 52-2.  Is BME still in business?  I heard that the owner was sick and not doing business anynore.  Does anyone know it that is just a rumor or is it true?  If true, is there another company that sells this adapter?
Thanks,
Doug W.

djw1cav

Back to top Go down

Dovetail adapter for S&W Model 52-2 Empty Re: Dovetail adapter for S&W Model 52-2

Post by Wobbley Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:26 pm

Dovetail adapter for S&W Model 52-2 6d2db210

Rather than trying for something that may be unobtainable, EGW makes adapter plates that replace the rear sight for Burris Fast Fire 3 and other reflex dots.  They work, the dots work and there’s virtually no adjustment to the load unlike slide mounted tube dots.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

orpheoet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Dovetail adapter for S&W Model 52-2 Empty Re: Dovetail adapter for S&W Model 52-2

Post by Jon Eulette Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:28 pm

I have 52 Fast Fire mount if your interested.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by djw1cav Mon May 02, 2022 7:54 pm

Rather than trying for something that may be unobtainable, EGW makes adapter plates that replace the rear sight for Burris Fast Fire 3 and other reflex dots.  They work, the dots work and there’s virtually no adjustment to the load unlike slide mounted tube dots.

Wobbley,
Unfortunately for me I already purchased the Aimpoint H-1.  If BME is truly out of business and I cannot obtain an adaptor for my model 52 I could mount the Aimpoint on my model 41.  Then purchase the fast fire and mount.  I dont know anything about them. How does the fast fire do in the sun?   Can you see the dot?
Doug

djw1cav

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman Mon May 02, 2022 8:54 pm

Unless it's a collector piece, why not just have Jon drill and tap the slide, and mount a Eulette rail? There's pics somewhere on the forum of one he added lightening cuts to. Or a Kodiak or AccuracyX micro rail?

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by djw1cav Tue May 03, 2022 7:34 pm

Dcforman wrote:Unless it's a collector piece, why not just have Jon drill and tap the slide, and mount a Eulette rail? There's pics somewhere on the forum of one he added lightening cuts to. Or a Kodiak or AccuracyX micro rail?

Dave

Hi Dave,
I have two model 52's.  The first one is my main shooter.  It has many many rounds thru it and is well worn.  It has been working fine with a BME dovetail mount and an Aimpoint h2 reddot.  I would not hesitate to modify/drill that one.  My second model 52 is like new.  I am only going to use is as a backup.  I will not have it drilled.  At this point I am thinking about taking Wobbley's suggestion and going with a Fastfire 3 and a EGW mount.  I need to learn somemore before I make the decision.
Doug

djw1cav

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim Wed May 04, 2022 6:25 am

djw1cav wrote:Rather than trying for something that may be unobtainable, EGW makes adapter plates that replace the rear sight for Burris Fast Fire 3 and other reflex dots.  They work, the dots work and there’s virtually no adjustment to the load unlike slide mounted tube dots.

Wobbley,
Unfortunately for me I already purchased the Aimpoint H-1.  If BME is truly out of business and I cannot obtain an adaptor for my model 52 I could mount the Aimpoint on my model 41.  Then purchase the fast fire and mount.  I dont know anything about them. How does the fast fire do in the sun?   Can you see the dot?
Doug

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim Wed May 04, 2022 6:30 am

djw1cav wrote:Rather than trying for something that may be unobtainable, EGW makes adapter plates that replace the rear sight for Burris Fast Fire 3 and other reflex dots.  They work, the dots work and there’s virtually no adjustment to the load unlike slide mounted tube dots.

Wobbley,
Doug

I have a fast fire with the larger dot on my XDM 45. It is very bright in the sun. I am sure the smaller dot would be also.

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Wed May 04, 2022 2:42 pm

Wobbley,
Doug
I shoot in the desert SW.  the Fastfire works well in the sun but I do have a covered firing point.  And the Fastfire has a “cover” with clear plastic on the ends that could act as a sunshade, but I’ve never needed to use it.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kp321 Mon May 09, 2022 9:44 am

A friend had the idea of using the FF cover for a sunshade. Might work on a revolver or other solid mount but not on a slide mount. The cover flew about as far as the empty brass.

Kp321

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down