Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOUND: S&W Rear Sight Blade Replacement Kit (Black)

+2
Darrell Cox
Chase Turner
6 posters

Go down

FOUND: S&W Rear Sight Blade Replacement Kit (Black) Empty FOUND: S&W Rear Sight Blade Replacement Kit (Black)

Post by Chase Turner Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:43 pm

Hello,

My Model 14 has a loose rear sight blade and attempting to tighten it up doesn't seem to last. I can order the individual parts from Brownells, but if anyone has a kit they'd like to let go, please send a PM and we can work out the details.

Thanks,
Chase

Last edited by Chase Turner on Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chase Turner

Back to top Go down

FOUND: S&W Rear Sight Blade Replacement Kit (Black) Empty Re: FOUND: S&W Rear Sight Blade Replacement Kit (Black)

Post by Darrell Cox Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:55 am

Now is your opportunity. Buy a Weigand rear sight. You will need new windage screw and nut. They are staked together and will break when removing them. Be careful of detent ball and spring.
Anyway, it’s a great rear sight once it’s installed!

Darrell Cox

Sc0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

FOUND: S&W Rear Sight Blade Replacement Kit (Black) Empty Re: FOUND: S&W Rear Sight Blade Replacement Kit (Black)

Post by Chase Turner Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:14 am

Darrell-

Would that be legal for NRA DR?

It looks like all I really need is the windage screw; I'm assuming the blade and nut are OK (haven't disassembled yet). Turns out, everyone is out of the windage screw from S&W; but if there are any kits with all the parts, that may be handy in case the blade itself is messed up inside.

Thanks,
Chase

Chase Turner

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrell Cox Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:56 am

Chase,
I just read the rules and sure looks legal to me. But, a new sight blade is not going to help if you can’t get the screw and nut.
On another note, I thought that it was not legal for the front sight to be adjustable (it knocked out older Colt Officers Model Match revolvers) but I didn’t see that in the rules now.
Regarding your sight I suggest you call S&W and try to buy the parts.

Darrell Cox

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrell Cox Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:02 am

Midwest Gun Works has the blade, windage screw and nut in stock!

Darrell Cox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sc0 Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:38 am

Weigand rear blade would fall into an external modification that is not factory. So, being pessimistic, wouldn't be legal in either CMP or NRA unless clarified. (Aftermarket sights are legal for Service Pistol)

NRA DR, adjustable front sights are a not legal.
CMP Service Revolver, adjustable front sights are legal.

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Post by Coupebuilder Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:22 am

I have a few kits, but you need to know what blade width before anything else. I have a few different heights and sights are complete. The staked nut and spring make them a bit of a pain.

Coupebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Turner Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:42 pm

Still looking for a blade screw or full kit.

Chase Turner

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:24 pm

Midway USA has the windage screw and nut in stock.

javaduke

https://bullseyepistolblog.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:44 am

You can call S&W Tech Support, and they might send you the parts you need.

Describe exactly what is wrong, and give them the model number and Serial Number.  They have sent me the needed parts, twice.

Check the height of your blade, so they can make sure they're sending you the right part.  You'll want the nut that gets staked in place, and the plunger and spring as well if you don't have both.

There is a handy video on MidwayUSA that shows how to do this.

Tip - if you don't want to go searching over all of your floor for parts that spring out as you disassemble the sight, do it inside a large plastic "turkey cooking bag" that you can get at the food market.  Parts may still go flying, but you won't lose them.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Turner Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:51 am

javaduke wrote:Midway USA has the windage screw and nut in stock.

This is the one I'm hunting: says backordered- https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1004510531?pid=770146

Is there another you've found on their site?

Chase Turner

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:53 am

Chase Turner wrote:

This is the one I'm hunting: says backordered- https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1004510531?pid=770146

"You can call S&W Tech Support"

See if they can find one for you.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:23 am

Chase Turner wrote:

No, sorry, that's the one I was thinking of, I thought it's in stock because I just received mine two days ago.

javaduke

https://bullseyepistolblog.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down