Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prepare to be scammed if you post a WTB ad

+3
zanemoseley
mageepeak
willnewton
7 posters

Go down

Prepare to be scammed if you post a WTB ad Empty Prepare to be scammed if you post a WTB ad

Post by willnewton 6/20/2022, 8:42 pm

Just sayin’.  Scammers gonna scam you, especially if you want to buy something.

You need hard proof (not just random photos pulled up in a Google search) and for God’s sake use refundable payment options only.

If you don’t know them, then post up their username and ask on the forum.  Have an admin do some checking for you.

We just got an email from someone that was robbed of $150 while trying to purchase parts posted in their WTB thread on the forum.

You will be next if you are not smart about your business.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

ermakevin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Prepare to be scammed if you post a WTB ad Empty safe

Post by mageepeak 6/21/2022, 6:44 pm

AND have them send you a copy of their drivers license.

mageepeak

Back to top Go down

Prepare to be scammed if you post a WTB ad Empty Re: Prepare to be scammed if you post a WTB ad

Post by zanemoseley 6/21/2022, 8:08 pm

Problem is I don't know of anything that offers refundable payments / purchase protection when going person to person. Luckily I've been able to sort out any scammers over the years.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Prepare to be scammed if you post a WTB ad Empty Re: Prepare to be scammed if you post a WTB ad

Post by Tripscape 6/21/2022, 8:24 pm

mageepeak wrote:AND have them send you a copy of their drivers license.
Does not work. Person from work.was face to face scammed for fake tickets and they gave fake dl.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 6/21/2022, 8:33 pm

No such thing as refundable payment when buying guns. Gun parts yes, if paypal mercandise.

Rule of thumb be able to track their address to the person via internet white pages, spokeo, etc.  Send money only to where they live.  Ask for the most obscure angles on pics, or ask them to verify via background today's news line, thumbs up, victory or F U gesture alongside product.  For example if there are tons of pics of theproduct ask "can you please shoot me a pic of where mainspring housing meets magwell? I want to check how it's blended".  Or "can you please shoot me a pic of parts with today's TV news in the background?" Basically any other pic that would be impossible to find if they are using someone else's. Or if really bizzare listing ask stupid questions like "oh this 38 special will shoot 357, right?" )) I caught 2 fake Korth listings this way. Their birthday present 357 Korth definitely chambered 44 Magnum ))))

Tripscape

ermakevin and Arthur like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans 6/21/2022, 8:57 pm

You can ask to Facetime/video chat with the seller and have them show you the gun.

mpolans

Arthur likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drawman623 6/22/2022, 1:13 am

Thank you mods for looking out. A scammer tried to beat me for $2600. I was careful and picked up on the move before any money was sent. The mods responded immediately and now there’s one less scammer in the community.

Drawman623

Back to top Go down

Post by Zipp0 7/2/2022, 9:31 am

do a search on the scammers text - I found the same spiel trying to scam on a water skiing site

Zipp0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down