Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hawke Nature Trek 9-27 x56 (no longer for sale)

4 posters

Go down

Hawke Nature Trek 9-27 x56 (no longer for sale) Empty Hawke Nature Trek 9-27 x56 (no longer for sale)

Post by RodJ Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:17 pm

[have decided to keep this scope per my last post]

Pretty much like new. Used it a few times but found my eBay Bushnell Sentry 20x is good enough for my needs and I don’t need THREE scopes.

Comes with the box and papers, rubber eyepiece covers (they’re NOT great at staying on), neoprene cover, and decent tripod.  

$160 shipped to lower 48. 

Thanks!

Not sure why photo is sideways hope it straightens out

Hawke Nature Trek 9-27 x56 (no longer for sale) Edca8010

Last edited by RodJ on Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Hawke Nature Trek 9-27 x56 (no longer for sale) Empty Hawke spotting scope

Post by handcycle Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:20 pm

RodJ wrote:Pretty much like new. Used it a few times but found my eBay Bushnell Sentry 20x is good enough for my needs and I don’t need THREE scopes.

Comes with the box and papers, rubber eyepiece covers (they’re NOT great at staying on), neoprene cover, and decent tripod.  

$160 shipped to lower 48. 

Thanks!

Not sure why photo is sideways hope it straightens out
Can you see 22 bullet holes clearly at 50 yards?

Handcycle
handcycle
handcycle

Back to top Go down

Hawke Nature Trek 9-27 x56 (no longer for sale) Empty Re: Hawke Nature Trek 9-27 x56 (no longer for sale)

Post by RodJ Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:24 pm

That I cannot say. My shooting has been limited to 25 at an indoor range.  Maybe if someone has one they can report their experience.  

Best I can say is that my range is not very well lit, and there is a black background.  22 holes are very easy to see n the black at 25 and that’s at lower magnification. No need to dial it up.

Wish I could tell you for sure.

Edit: I could take a used target outside and pace off 50+ yards and test it out. Will report back because I’m curious myself now that you ask.

RodJ

Jwhelan939 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Hawke Nature Trek 9-27 x56 (no longer for sale) Empty Re: Hawke Nature Trek 9-27 x56 (no longer for sale)

Post by hamdenman Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:11 am

What are the dims on this scope.  Trying to see if it’d fit in my bullseye box

hamdenman

Back to top Go down

Post by xman Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:14 pm

hamdenman wrote:What are the dims on this scope.  Trying to see if it’d fit in my bullseye box
It is a VERY compact scope. I can guarantee that it will fit any conventional box with the flip up side. Unless your tray is mounted very low in the box to fit larger revolvers or tall dots or scopes.. I have a Gun Ho box with a Buckmark and M41 with Vortex dots and the scope has PLENTY of length clearance and clears under the tray with room to spare.
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:32 am

https://us.hawkeoptics.com/nature-trek-9-27x56-spotting-scope.html

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:34 pm

I should not have tested it at 50 yards because I’ve decided to keep it and sell off a spacemaster.

I was surprised at how clear and bright it is. A blurry photo using my iPhone and an adapter is still easy to see the black holes against a fence in the shade at 50. Directly through the scope, the holes light up like led lamps. The holes in the 8 and 7 are harder to see in this iPhone shot but easy directly thru the scope.

Please no laughter at this target shot at 25 yards. I’m still learning and very much a novice.

Hawke Nature Trek 9-27 x56 (no longer for sale) 6b4eb710
Hawke Nature Trek 9-27 x56 (no longer for sale) 02f3fa10

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by xman Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:26 pm

RodJ wrote:I should not have tested it at 50 yards because I’ve decided to keep it and sell off a spacemaster.

I was surprised at how clear and bright it is. A blurry photo using my iPhone and an adapter is still easy to see the black holes against a fence in the shade at 50. Directly through the scope, the holes light up like led lamps. The holes in the 8 and 7 are harder to see in this iPhone shot but easy directly thru the scope.

Please no laughter at this target shot at 25 yards. I’m still learning and very much a novice.

I wish my 25yd was like that.

Lighting is always a bugaboo with the majority of scopes. One local range has a LOT of back lighting for most of the day and the backer has a cut out for the black bull. The back light does not really help at 25 or 50 IMHO. Yes the bullet holes have "some" added visibility but still hard to scope out at 50SF. I sold a Spacemaster Zoom. It was 44 years old and still going strong. I used for SB and HP. It was large, very heavy and not BE box friendly and was a straight eyepiece. It was like saying goodbye to a very dear old friend as it was the first item I bought after finishing with college shooting. I did cry...
xman
xman

RodJ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:04 pm

Xman - yes, lighting and backing are weird on little bullet holes. I haven’t learned what works and what doesn’t in varying conditions. One of these days I’ll try the scope at my outdoor club.

Btw I’m pretty sure it was reading your review / recommendation that caused me to spring for this little guy. Thank you for that. So much good info here.

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down