Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanity check on my understanding of CMP ammunition rule

3 posters

Go down

Sanity check on my understanding of CMP ammunition rule Empty Sanity check on my understanding of CMP ammunition rule

Post by straybrit 6/23/2022, 9:29 am

I'm assuming this 

Service Pistol competitors may use any safe ammunition that is loaded with metal-jacketed or metal-plated bullets. Non-jacketed, wad-cutter or lead bullets may not be used.

means that JHP is legal. I thought that this would be a good time to sanity check that assumption - while I still have time to do something about it.

straybrit

Back to top Go down

Sanity check on my understanding of CMP ammunition rule Empty Re: Sanity check on my understanding of CMP ammunition rule

Post by Tim:H11 6/23/2022, 10:00 am

Yes a Jacketed Hollow Point is legal and commonly used.
Tim:H11
Tim:H11

ric1911a1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Sanity check on my understanding of CMP ammunition rule Empty Re: Sanity check on my understanding of CMP ammunition rule

Post by Allen Barnett 6/23/2022, 6:04 pm

It is also my understanding that if you have any Speer or Hornady jacketed SWC's they are also legal since they are not in the true since of a 32 caliber or 38 caliber flat nosed wadcutter.

This would make any old stock Federal or Remington 185 grain SWC jacketed loads also legal!

Last edited by Allen Barnett on 6/23/2022, 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more info)

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down