Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feinwerkbau aw93 trigger

+2
Fotomaniac
impalanut
6 posters

Go down

Feinwerkbau aw93 trigger Empty Feinwerkbau aw93 trigger

Post by impalanut Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:01 pm

I just got a Feinwerkbau aw93 after shooting one that belonged to someone else I really liked the balance.
I have a Matchguns evo and I really like the trigger. The FWB trigger doesn't seem as smooth.
Would it help to have a trigger job done, and if so, who would be recommended to do it?
Thanks for any insight

impalanut

Fotomaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down

Feinwerkbau aw93 trigger Empty Aw93 trigger

Post by Fotomaniac Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:55 am

If you do a search of the forums you’ll find a number of posts on the subject. However the expert in the field is Todd Utter as he is the Feinwerkbau repair person. 

FWIW it is easy to break some of the screws in the trigger system, and there are a few do’s and don’ts that one should be aware of. Don’t just take it to any smith…especially if they do not have any experience with the pistol. Parts are available, but not easy to get sometimes. 

PM me if you need more info.

Fotomaniac

Back to top Go down

Feinwerkbau aw93 trigger Empty Re: Feinwerkbau aw93 trigger

Post by -TT- Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:23 am

...and in my experience the AW93 never needs a classic Trigger Job. You definitely do not want to polish the two sears, and changing springs will lead to heartache. You just need someone who truly understands the six adjustments, and understands what you actually want, to boot.

It's not actually too different from the Pardini from a theoretical standpoint, so you might find a good Pardini 'smith could help. Just be cautious. An infinitely adjustable trigger has infinitely many chances to end up where you don't want it.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:39 am

Someone should write a detailed manual on how to adjust to individual needs.

mspingeld
Admin

ric1911a1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:14 pm

Not owning an AW93 to prove it, I may be wrong. But the manual seemed pretty straightforward to me, detailing each step in order on how to adjust the trigger to your preference for amount and weight of first stage take up, roll / creep, second stage weight, overtravel, trigger point, etc.

http://www.pilkguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/fwbaw93manual.pdf

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:42 pm

I've mentioned this a few times. I have the AW93, read and attempted to put the trigger I like on the gun. I have worked on a lot of Pistols and can easily get the trigger just as I want including the 1911. I have not worked on other AWs only mine and know there have been changes. I like a slight roll, maybe roll is not the correct term, I simply want to feel the trigger moving but very little so as not to slow me down in rapid fire. Most that feel my trigger think it's crisp but I can feel it move. Only way I was able to get the trigger to do as I desired was to add a part. The sear that the transfer bar from the trigger moves has a pin that is only supported on one side. Adding a small plate I supported the pin on the other side and now I have much better control with adjustment provided.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down