Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aguila 22 LR Ammunition Sale Starts Today !!!!

+10
RodJ
Foundryratjim
RoyDean
Robuc
shooter1450
Chase Turner
Dulcmrman
paulj
zanemoseley
alaronstein
14 posters

Go down

Aguila 22 LR Ammunition Sale Starts Today !!!! Empty Aguila 22 LR Ammunition Sale Starts Today !!!!

Post by alaronstein 9/7/2022, 3:45 pm

22 LR Super Extra-40gr Standard Velocity Target  
We are ready to accept new orders at this time. The Price has NOT Changed since the (GREAT) Camp Perry Price !!! Still NO LIMIT !!! We are able to ship in 4,000 and 2,000 Round Box Multiples. We ship by UPS Ground and at this time shipping is NOT cheap. The total price with the current shipping rates is still VERY GOOD. Call our office at 713-476-0888 for price and the shipping costs. You can also send your phone number to us at interarmstx@gmail.com .We will call you back. Photo ID is required and some states have additional requirements. ALSO, you can see the NRA Accuracy Reports on the Aguila Ammunition at highstandardfirearmsusa.com  and click on info- Alan Aronstein

alaronstein

Back to top Go down

Aguila 22 LR Ammunition Sale Starts Today !!!! Empty Re: Aguila 22 LR Ammunition Sale Starts Today !!!!

Post by zanemoseley 9/7/2022, 6:37 pm

Alan, not to be an a-hole but this commercial row is geared toward shooters selling to shooters. We also have forum sponsors, not sure if you've looked into that, although they rarely post in commercial row either.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Aguila 22 LR Ammunition Sale Starts Today !!!! Empty Re: Aguila 22 LR Ammunition Sale Starts Today !!!!

Post by paulj 9/7/2022, 6:57 pm

At least tell us what the price is.

paulj

Back to top Go down

Aguila 22 LR Ammunition Sale Starts Today !!!! Empty Thanks for your comments

Post by alaronstein 9/7/2022, 7:01 pm

I tried to become a sponsor 2 years ago. The owner/moderator decided that I am involved in a legal controversy and thought that I should wait to sign up. I am willing to sign up !!! Also, over 3,000 people on Bullseye L followed my Camp Perry Sale and, they helped me sell approx 1.5 million rounds of 22 LR Aguila. It appears that many people are happy with my efforts. You have a nice day !!!- Alan Aronstein

alaronstein

Back to top Go down

Aguila 22 LR Ammunition Sale Starts Today !!!! Empty Pricing

Post by alaronstein 9/7/2022, 7:04 pm

Please send a PM. Thanks, Alan

alaronstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Dulcmrman 9/7/2022, 10:09 pm

I'm not sure which flavor of Aguila Super Extra 40gr Standard Velocity Target you are selling.  I don't want to be the fly in the ointment, but I have some personal experience with this ammo and it is not good.  If what I have is not what you are selling, please say so.

I bought my ammo at Sportsman's Warehouse in Prescott, AZ over a year ago.  Since then I have used several boxes of 50 during practice and I have had at least one failure to fire in virtually every box, and is some boxes, two or three FTFs.  In some cases, the round fired after a second try.  In others, it refused to fire at all.

I have tried this ammo in my S&W Model 41, Ruger Mk III, and Ruger Mk IV with similar results.  I'd love to buy some of this at a good price, but it seems to me that what I have is just not reliable enough to warrant a purchase.  Here are pictures of what I have.  The lot number seems to be 28KV61, But I cannot make the photo of the number small enough to post.

I have tried to contact Aguila via the "contact page" on their website and I have received not one response.  Please tell me why I should buy this ammo.  I'd love to change my mind.

Sincerely,

Dennis
Attachments
Aguila 22 LR Ammunition Sale Starts Today !!!! Attachment
20220907_192722.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(479 Kb) Downloaded 12 times
Aguila 22 LR Ammunition Sale Starts Today !!!! Attachment
20220907_192548.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(397 Kb) Downloaded 6 times

Dulcmrman

Back to top Go down

Aguila 22 LR Ammunition Sale Starts Today !!!! Empty Ammunition Issues

Post by alaronstein 9/7/2022, 10:32 pm

I just sold 1.51 Million rds of the 22 LR Super Extra Target 40gr Standard Velocity from July 10th thru Aug 8th at Camp Perry. Some of the shooters tested the ammo on the practice range. I have NOT heard ONE Complaint. Ammunition is made by people and machines and nothing is perfect in Production. Maybe a small lot got thru with priming mix that didn't stick ???? I saw some Remington that would not fire. You could pull the bullet and pour the powder on white paper. The gray/black powder would have yellow specs on loose primer mixed in the pile. I published a report from the NRA on the High Standard website. I will try to get a phone number for you to make contact with Aguila. - Alan Aronstein

alaronstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Dulcmrman 9/7/2022, 10:42 pm

Thank you, Alan.  I appreciate your quick response and do not doubt for a second that you have sold many trouble free rounds.  I appreciate your offer to research a phone number I can use to discuss my issues.  The on-line contact form hasn't bee successful.  I will post my results to resolve this issue if/when things happen.

On a lighter note, the occasional fail to fire during practice is, I think, a good "ball and dummy" practice during rimfire.  I always try to look for the good and this does help me refine my technique.

Dulcmrman

swissyhawk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Turner 9/8/2022, 4:19 am

Wonder how much he's looking for on the short cases he is selling. Anyone know?

Chase Turner

Back to top Go down

Aguila 22 LR Ammunition Sale Starts Today !!!! Empty Aguila Ammo

Post by shooter1450 9/8/2022, 5:18 am

They were $150 plus tax at Perry for 2000 rounds.

shooter1450

Chase Turner likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robuc 9/8/2022, 6:41 am

Dulcmrman wrote:I'm not sure which flavor of Aguila Super Extra 40gr Standard Velocity Target you are selling.  I don't want to be the fly in the ointment, but I have some personal experience with this ammo and it is not good.  If what I have is not what you are selling, please say so.

I bought my ammo at Sportsman's Warehouse in Prescott, AZ over a year ago.  Since then I have used several boxes of 50 during practice and I have had at least one failure to fire in virtually every box, and is some boxes, two or three FTFs.  In some cases, the round fired after a second try.  In others, it refused to fire at all.

I have tried this ammo in my S&W Model 41, Ruger Mk III, and Ruger Mk IV with similar results.  I'd love to buy some of this at a good price, but it seems to me that what I have is just not reliable enough to warrant a purchase.  Here are pictures of what I have.  The lot number seems to be 28KV61, But I cannot make the photo of the number small enough to post.

I have tried to contact Aguila via the "contact page" on their website and I have received not one response.  Please tell me why I should buy this ammo.  I'd love to change my mind.
Sincerely,

Dennis
Thanks Dennis.  You saved me a bunch.  I was going to buy a case, but will hold off and search for more reliable ammo.

Robuc

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 9/8/2022, 9:07 am

Hats off to Mr. Aronstein for sourcing such a large shipment of Aguila (my acronym is AgSEx - in the blue/white boxes, not the red/yellow shown above) at a very reasonable current market price and satisfying a huge pent up demand for practice ammo - I am sure that there are several hundred Bullseye shooters who are very happy.

I bought my stash pre-C19, so do not have direct experience with Mr. Aronstein's supply, but I have used AgSEx for several years, yes you get the occasional dud and a few flyers, but nothing more than what should be expected from an economy brand/grade. It is slightly hotter than my favourite practice ammo (the CMP Eley that is not currently available). It shoots fine - cleaned an RF target with it just last night - and runs reliably in all of my 22's.

For fear of inciting ire from JB over my choice of English, there is an old saying "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth". I think that folks should be happy that this ammo is available at this price and just go shoot it.

RoyDean

Hawkja likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim 9/8/2022, 11:36 am

RoyDean wrote:Hats off to Mr. Aronstein for sourcing such a large shipment of Aguila (my acronym is AgSEx - in the blue/white boxes, not the red/yellow shown above) at a very reasonable current market price and satisfying a huge pent up demand for practice ammo - I am sure that there are several hundred Bullseye shooters who are very happy.

I bought my stash pre-C19, so do not have direct experience with Mr. Aronstein's supply, but I have used AgSEx for several years, yes you get the occasional dud and a few flyers, but nothing more than what should be expected from an economy brand/grade. It is slightly hotter than my favourite practice ammo (the CMP Eley that is not currently available). It shoots fine - cleaned an RF target with it just last night - and runs reliably in all of my 22's.

For fear of inciting ire from JB over my choice of English, there is an old saying "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth". I think that folks should be happy that this ammo is available at this price and just go shoot it.
I agree. I have used the Aguila SE Standard Velocity for years and have had very good luck with it for the money spent. The ammo pictured above is not the same ammo as what this thread is about. I have only ever used the SV and have no other experience with Aguila ammo.

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ 9/8/2022, 12:14 pm

Robuc wrote:
Dulcmrman wrote:I'm not sure which flavor of Aguila Super Extra 40gr Standard Velocity Target you are selling.  I don't want to be the fly in the ointment, but I have some personal experience with this ammo and it is not good.  If what I have is not what you are selling, please say so.

Sincerely,

Dennis
Thanks Dennis.  You saved me a bunch.  I was going to buy a case, but will hold off and search for more reliable ammo.
That photo posted by Dennis is of the High Velocity ammo, not the Standard Velocity. I have several bricks of the HV and it’s okay except that the OAL is too long. The bullet noses rub on the inside of the magazine in my Ruger Mk II and in a S&W Victory .22 and cause malfunctions with a full mag. No duds but I haven’t shot but a few boxes. Works fine in my Marlin 39 and 10/22. 

The SE stuff in the blue and yellow boxes is good to go and is the “target” ammo from Aguila.  It’s what I believe Alan is selling.

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dulcmrman 9/8/2022, 12:27 pm

That photo posted by Dennis is of the High Velocity ammo, not the Standard Velocity. I have several bricks of the HV and it’s okay except that the OAL is too long. The bullet noses rub on the inside of the magazine in my Ruger Mk II and in a S&W Victory .22 and cause malfunctions with a full mag. No duds but I haven’t shot but a few boxes. Works fine in my Marlin 39 and 10/22. 

The SE stuff in the blue and yellow boxes is good to go and is the “target” ammo from Aguila.  It’s what I believe Alan is selling.
That's why I asked if Alan is selling something different than what I pictured.  Based on the many comments above, I may have to give Alan's stock a try.

However, I am still unhappy with the performance of the ammo I do have.  One or more fail-to-fire in every box of 50 is unacceptable, and the lack of response from their customer service is a bad thing.

Dennis, aka Dulcmrman

Dulcmrman

RodJ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ 9/8/2022, 1:00 pm

Dennis, I agree that sucks and I’m glad to hear your experience. The fact that they can’t manufacture.22 cartridges of proper length to fit my .22 pistol magazines was also frustrating. Took me a while to figure out why I was having feed problems.  Less than five rounds or so, not bad, but a full mag with every nose rubbing added up to a lot of friction that the spring couldn’t overcome.

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 9/8/2022, 2:40 pm

RoyDean wrote:For fear of inciting ire from JB over my choice of English

How you gonna act?

You know I only bust your chops because you're from the wrong side of the pond and have decided to settle here now. Laughing
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dulcmrman 9/8/2022, 3:07 pm

RodJ wrote:Dennis, I agree that sucks and I’m glad to hear your experience. The fact that they can’t manufacture.22 cartridges of proper length to fit my .22 pistol magazines was also frustrating. Took me a while to figure out why I was having feed problems.  Less than five rounds or so, not bad, but a full mag with every nose rubbing added up to a lot of friction that the spring couldn’t overcome.
I haven't had the length problem.  I practice with both my Model 41 and my Ruger MK IV and mostly practice slow fire, so I load 10 rounds in each magazine, and I've never had feeding problems.  My only issue is the fail-to-fire issues.  In addition, the Aguila does not group as tightly as some other brands in my guns.  YMMV.  Mine both like RWS R50 best, followed by Tenex, followed by CCI SV.  

Dennis, aka Dulcmrman

Dulcmrman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Turner 9/8/2022, 6:28 pm

shooter1450 wrote:They were $150 plus tax at Perry for 2000 rounds.

Thank you kindly for the reminder. Just a few years ago it was ~$180 for a full case, not the lite cases that are on offer here.

Chase Turner

Back to top Go down

Aguila 22 LR Ammunition Sale Starts Today !!!! Empty Interesting Comments ???

Post by alaronstein 9/8/2022, 8:28 pm

It is amazing  that a person could be as uninformed of current events in this world that is FULL of information !!! I am happy to announce that the first 24 hours of our new offer has exceeded my expectations. I think that we will surpass our Camp Perry Sales during the remainder of Sept. Lucky for us that most of our customers that have been buying from our companies for YEARS ignore people like the previous poster. BUT- everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am sure that this person might find a FULL case for $180.00 somewhere in this world or in outer space. Thanks to all of the customers that have already ordered. - Alan Aronstein

alaronstein

Back to top Go down

Post by shootingsight 9/8/2022, 9:05 pm

'Just a few years ago' I was buying 9mm for under $5 for a 50 round box.  And gas was under $1/gallon.  But none of that is relevant today.  What counts today is the price today.  I was at Camp Perry, and bought some of this ammunition, but before I did, I wandered Commercial Row to see what other deals were to be had.  This ammo was half the price of any other .22LR I found.

I would also point out, without knowing Mr. Aronstein's commercial agreements, that most resellers are subject to MAP, or Minimum Advertised Price limitations that you agree to when you become a dealer.  You can sell it for less, you just can't advertise the price.  You might have seen websites that tell you you have to add an item to the cart before you can see how much it is.  So rather than follow the advice of people who throw around insults with no data, if you want to know the price, contact them as requested.

shootingsight

John Dervis, RoyDean and RodJ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X 9/9/2022, 5:47 am

I think its safe to assume that there is nothing to stop a retail seller from just making a donation based on each case sold to support this site if its used for advertisement; even if there is a potential issue with being a sponsor.  

As my uncle used to say, "When you start looking for excuses, you tend to lose sight of what you should be doing."

CR10X

BE Mike, Hawkja and Plunker like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RNS10X 9/9/2022, 8:41 am

Considering the initial post provided a number and e-mail and said please call for pricing and shipping costs, some previous posts seem a bit of an over
reaction.
Concerning the ammo, I've found it to be pretty reliable . I'm using it in 3 model 41's. I had been experiencing terrible performance from CCI . I think I get slightly
better reliability with CMP bulk Eley with my pistols. For availability and price It's what I shoot most consistently.
Rich

RNS10X

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down