Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTB Borka Torque Driver Combo Kit - GOT ONE, THANKS

+5
Merick
RoyDean
fc60
zanemoseley
RustyJoints
9 posters

Go down

WTB Borka Torque Driver Combo Kit - GOT ONE, THANKS Empty WTB Borka Torque Driver Combo Kit - GOT ONE, THANKS

Post by RustyJoints 9/15/2022, 3:36 pm

Got one, thanks all.
Looking for a Borka Torque Driver Kit if anyone has one they are willing to part with.
Thanks,
Dave

Last edited by RustyJoints on 9/16/2022, 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
RustyJoints
RustyJoints

Back to top Go down

WTB Borka Torque Driver Combo Kit - GOT ONE, THANKS Empty Re: WTB Borka Torque Driver Combo Kit - GOT ONE, THANKS

Post by zanemoseley 9/15/2022, 4:27 pm

Check out the Wheeler Fat Wrench.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

WTB Borka Torque Driver Combo Kit - GOT ONE, THANKS Empty Re: WTB Borka Torque Driver Combo Kit - GOT ONE, THANKS

Post by fc60 9/15/2022, 7:07 pm

Greetings,

Appears that Borka is MADE IN THE USA.

This would be my choice.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 9/15/2022, 10:51 pm

http://shooterstools.com/Pages/BTD/btdkits.html

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 9/16/2022, 8:20 am

fc60 wrote:Greetings,

Appears that Borka is MADE IN THE USA.

This would be my choice.

Cheers,

Dave
It's also 4x the cost and not being made now due to his wife's health. For a tool that is used a few times a year I'm not sure its worth a $200 investment for most people.

zanemoseley

Bubba Blaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Merick 9/16/2022, 10:54 am

You are aware the harbor freight 1/4 inch-inch/lbs torque wrench is $12 or less when it's on sale half the time.

Merick

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 9/16/2022, 11:01 am

HF wrench - good enough for most gun related tasks?

Utilizing a heavy duty cam and pawl mechanism, this reversible 1/4 in. drive click type torque wrench is the go-to tool when precise torque is needed. The click type wrench design provides a torque range from 20-200 in. lbs..

Click-type
Heavy duty cam and pawl mechanism
Torque range: 20-200 in. lbs.
Reversible
Owner's Manual & Safety Instructions (PDF)
SPECIFICATIONS
SKU(s)
63881, 2696, 61277, 94735
Brand
PITTSBURGH PRO
Accessories Included
Blow mold case
Accuracy
+/- 4%
Drive size (in.)
1/4 in.
Product Length
11 in.
Product Weight
1.7 lb.
Shipping Weight
1.90 lb.
Torque range (ft.-lbs.)
20-200 in. lbs.

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyJoints 9/16/2022, 2:08 pm

If I had posted that I was seeking a David Sams or John Eulette .45 would everyone be sending me helpful links to Rock Island Armory?
Just wondering.
RustyJoints
RustyJoints

Hawkja and RoyDean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Merick 9/16/2022, 2:13 pm

If they held the same groups, probably.

Merick

Hawkja likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyJoints 9/16/2022, 2:16 pm

Which they won't.
RustyJoints
RustyJoints

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 9/16/2022, 3:43 pm

I don't think Harbor Freight, or any other 1/4" Torque Wrenches can be compared to what OP is looking for.  If you need to work on your car's engine - yes.  For gunsmithing purposes, - I would hesitate using it except maybe on AR.  Wheeler's Fat Wrench is low end alternative for Borka's tools.  And if you want go really crazy, - go with Mountz.  After you see prices for Mountz tools, Borka's would be considered a budget brand.  There is something about using good tools (like driving something other than little commuter cars).  Even though not everything "Borka" is made in USA (some of the components, like bits, and some others are sourced from Taiwan and elsewhere), these are high quality tools and well worth asking price, IMO. 

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 9/16/2022, 4:51 pm

RustyJoints wrote:Which they won't.
You are also asking about a highly specific gunsmithing tool and to be perfectly honest most bullseye shooters I know shoot better than they do fixing their guns. Wera, Felo, CDI or Wiha likely make a relatively high quality substitute if you need some thing now, or wait for what you want to become available.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 9/16/2022, 5:15 pm

Having some personal experience with HF torque wrenches, we tested some of them several times and they were suprisingly accurate for a period of about a year of fairly constant usage then buy another one for $10
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 9/16/2022, 6:49 pm

Greetings,

I think Jimmy G. brought forth a good point.

Testing the tool against a standard.

I have several torque wrenches and no way to validate their accuracy within my Kave.

I recall visiting the local Vocational School for Auto Mechanics and they had a machine mounted on the wall for the students to test their torque wrenches.

Hmmm, perhaps another project to embrace for the future...

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Hawkja likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NukeMMC 9/16/2022, 7:07 pm

Torque testers are not cheap, but worth every cent in a precision maintenance program. Even a Proto-brand is $1200+ from McMaster-carr or MSC
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 9/16/2022, 7:12 pm

Mountz offers Calibration Service and Calibration Certification with pretty much all their products in 6/12/18 months intervals.

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 9/16/2022, 7:38 pm

PhotoEscape wrote:Mountz offers Calibration Service and Calibration Certification with pretty much all their products in 6/12/18 months intervals.

AP
Pretty much all professional level tool manufacturers will perform calibration on their products, typically easier to attain if you are in a field that demands it. Torque tools are a bit of a deep rabbit hole, and in many cases you need consistency rather that hitting a number bang on.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 10/16/2022, 9:29 pm

Boris is back and processing orders.

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down