Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPF - Springfield Armory Range Officer .45ACP - CMP EIC

+3
rich.tullo
Orion
NukeMMC
7 posters

Go down

SPF - Springfield Armory Range Officer .45ACP - CMP EIC  Empty SPF - Springfield Armory Range Officer .45ACP - CMP EIC

Post by NukeMMC Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:31 pm

I have 2 of these plus a 9mm version out for a 38sc barrel, so this one gets to fund my next project.

$850 plus actual shipping from 17110.

This pistol has seen about 400rds in my care.  I replaced all the MIM except the grip safety with EGW ( over $350 in parts) as follows:
 - bushing is the EGW thick flange, angle bore for measured slide ID and barrel OD
 - firing pin and spring are EGW 0.075" pin and Wolff Extra power spring
 - firing pin stop is fitted EGW
 - all pins replaced with EGW kit
 - 2-piece guide rod
 - long nose spring plug for thick flange bushing
 - hammer/sear/disconnector
 - mainspring housing is 20LPI flat
 - slide stop is 0.200"
 - thumb safety is HD
All the replaced original parts are included.

Stippled front strap.

Trigger is 1.5lbs 1st stage, 4.25lbs break.

Running 19lbs mainspring and 20lbs recoil spring.

SPF - Springfield Armory Range Officer .45ACP - CMP EIC  20220911
SPF - Springfield Armory Range Officer .45ACP - CMP EIC  20220912
SPF - Springfield Armory Range Officer .45ACP - CMP EIC  20220910

Last edited by NukeMMC on Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

SPF - Springfield Armory Range Officer .45ACP - CMP EIC  Empty Re: SPF - Springfield Armory Range Officer .45ACP - CMP EIC

Post by NukeMMC Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:33 pm

SPF - Springfield Armory Range Officer .45ACP - CMP EIC  20220915
SPF - Springfield Armory Range Officer .45ACP - CMP EIC  20220914
SPF - Springfield Armory Range Officer .45ACP - CMP EIC  20220913
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

SPF - Springfield Armory Range Officer .45ACP - CMP EIC  Empty Re: SPF - Springfield Armory Range Officer .45ACP - CMP EIC

Post by NukeMMC Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:33 pm

SPF - Springfield Armory Range Officer .45ACP - CMP EIC  20220916
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:47 pm

I might be interested in the 9mm. What size groups at 50?

Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Back to top Go down

Post by NukeMMC Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:29 am

Sorry. Keeping the 9mm and the other 45
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:39 pm

Nice Stipple job , good deal for someone.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMed Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:30 pm

I’ll take it! I just joined the forum today and cannot send PMs. Can you send one to me to exchange contact info?

JMed

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:04 pm

This was… tempting… may I ask the rationale for the spring weight combo? And if it’s not too annoying to ask a second question, did you notice any difference in feel due to certain/ all the changes?

Wish I had unlimited funds to do something like that and learn a bit.

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by NukeMMC Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:07 pm

RodJ wrote:This was… tempting… may I ask the rationale for the spring weight combo? And if it’s not too annoying to ask a second question, did you notice any difference in feel due to certain/ all the changes?

Wish I had unlimited funds to do something like that and learn a bit.
I went with the 19# mainspring as it seems to be the most common "go to" for many builders of bullseye 45s.  I do have a radius on the firing pin stop.

I started with an 18# recoil spring and when I settled on a load that was accurate (4.3gr N310 with Nosler 185JHP@1.210"), I went up in spring weight until it wouldn't cycle reliably, then backed down to 20#.  I went with a FL guide rod so I can just pull the top end off the lower without watching the guide get ejected across my "man cave".  I have had no issues with either spring/guide type as far as reliability.

As for changes in "feel", the trigger was certainly a change.  Where I have it is where I have always had my EIC pistols.  It feels like an old friend when it is right.  The stippling is the same way.  It started for me with the Navy hardball guns and I just like it better than checkering.  I guess it's familiarity.  Polishing the disconnector track I only notice when manually cycling the slide.  I don't notice it shooting.  I have the same thumb safety (EGW HD) on my 1965 Gold Cup EIC pistol and the 9mm and 45 RO's I am keeping.  It is just right for me to sit my thumb on.  I do end up rounding the back edges just a little.  The firing pin swap is a reliability thing.  There have been some complaints here and there of light hits with the Ti firing pin when changing to lighter hammers and/or mainsprings.  As for the checkered mainspring housing, well, I prefer a flat housing and don't want the original SA "locking" housing.  F-ing lawyers.
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

SingleActionAndrew and RodJ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:01 pm

“…F’ing lawyers!”

Gads! 

And just when I thought we were getting along so well!  lol!

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by NukeMMC Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:33 pm

I am not prejudiced!
I actually have a couple friends who are lawyers. One (German Salazar) is even an accomplished rifle shooter.
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Asa Yam Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:42 pm

NukeMMC wrote:One (German Salazar) is even an accomplished rifle shooter.
German passed away earlier this year.
Alberto Salazar died on June 21, 2022 in Scottsdale, Arizona, his favorite place in the world. Never one to do things halfway, Germán’s passing was quick and unexpected. Desperately missing him are his beloved wife of 37 years, Lucy, and their daughter, Paula. Also deeply mourning his departure are his sisters Maria Laura, Amparo, and Monica, his loving extended family members, and the four Salazar cats, Pepe, Archie, Luna, and Spinelli, who wonder where the big cat has gone.
Born in Bogotá, Colombia on April 6,1960, Germán was raised in Bogotá, San Salvador, and Rio de Janeiro before immigrating to Miami, Florida in 1971. Germán was a proud alumnus of the University of Miami (‘84) and Georgetown Law (L’87). An attorney for 35 years, Germán always relished any opportunity to learn about new areas of law or to wrestle with the complex issues faced by his clients. He most recently practiced law in Arizona as General Counsel to financial services companies, but he previously practiced in Texas and in Florida (where he once had a canal-side office where he and Paula would feed lettuce to the local manatees). He loved to talk shop and took great satisfaction in the friendships he developed with other attorneys and colleagues.
Germán lived a life of intense passions (and passionate opinions). If he did anything, it was with deliberation and precision, always executed to the very best of his ability– wh

Asa Yam

Back to top Go down

Post by NukeMMC Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:13 pm

Asa Yam wrote:German passed away earlier this year.
And we are lessened by his passing.
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:15 pm

NukeMMC wrote:
Asa Yam wrote:German passed away earlier this year.
And we are lessened by his passing.
Big time lessened.
Wobbley
Wobbley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down