Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOLD AERON BRNO TAU 7 Competition Air Pistol

+3
onlylead
Tripscape
mikey2596
7 posters

Go down

SOLD AERON BRNO TAU 7 Competition Air Pistol  Empty SOLD AERON BRNO TAU 7 Competition Air Pistol

Post by mikey2596 Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:16 pm

The TAU 7 was made in the Czech Republic This is the Match version with adjustable barrel weights, trigger and palm rest. This one was made in the mid-90's and can use either CO2 cartridge or bulk fill. Everything that came with it originally is still there including the manual, spare O Rings and test target. It doesn't have the refinement of a Steyr but it is still very accurate at a fraction of the price. Everything you need to get started shooting is included. Pellet trap (you will need new putty), 200 B-40 targets, pellet sizer, 1500+ RWS Meisterkugeln pellets and 12 CO2 cylinders. $300 plus shipping. Located NW Arkansas
Attachments
SOLD AERON BRNO TAU 7 Competition Air Pistol  Attachment
20221028_182509a.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(51 Kb) Downloaded 32 times
20221028_182554a.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(43 Kb) Downloaded 12 times
20221029_103441a.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(140 Kb) Downloaded 8 times
20221028_182429a.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(44 Kb) Downloaded 8 times
20221029_104529a.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(155 Kb) Downloaded 9 times

Last edited by mikey2596 on Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:27 pm; edited 3 times in total

mikey2596

Back to top Go down

SOLD AERON BRNO TAU 7 Competition Air Pistol  Empty Re: SOLD AERON BRNO TAU 7 Competition Air Pistol

Post by Tripscape Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:56 pm

I will take it. PM incoming. Will be out of touch for a few hours.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

SOLD AERON BRNO TAU 7 Competition Air Pistol  Empty Re: SOLD AERON BRNO TAU 7 Competition Air Pistol

Post by onlylead Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:02 pm

Dang gum it been looking for a air pistol to get started with and this is 1 I was told to try.

onlylead

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:52 am

mikey2596 I sent you pm with my contact details yesterday afternoon, but haven't heard back.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:33 am

PM for 2nd in line.
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey2596 Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:55 am

I cannot reply to a PM until I have 5 posts. I have 2. I can read your PM so for me to reply you must leave your email.

mikey2596

Back to top Go down

Post by onlylead Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:06 pm

gundog.tr@gmail.com if neither of the other 2 reply

onlylead

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:07 pm

I am in touch with the seller now. All good.

Tripscape

onlylead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:30 pm

PhotoEscape wrote:PM for 2nd in line.
AP
Alex,

Unfortunately I have to back out of this purchase, I emailed same to the seller and asked him to contact you.  I am glad it will go to you and by karma it had to happen after few years back when I got that M41 away from you...sorry, but a great gift to my dad at the time and seller did tell me no one claimed it first.  
This is an excellent air pistol, I hope you enjoy it.  I know you purchase and collect only very good items.

So the reason I had to back out is following:

In NJ anything that shoots metal projectiles is considered a firearm.  There is some language, but basically that.  So these "firearms" (air guns, stabilized slingshots, crossbows, etc.) need a pistol permit no different than regular pistol.  Except on a federal level these items are not considered firearms (lets call them air pistols as in this case).  New electronic permits in NJ by nature HAVE to go through NICS which includes federal check....but air pistols are not recognized as firearm on federal level, so they cannot go through NICS.  See the dilemma here? So the municipality would have to issue a different type of permit, other than an electronic one, like a paper permit.  Except by the definition of their processes they cannot issue anything other than electronic.  Anything else would have to be an exception and they have to find out how to do it properly, plus this would be an all new permit filing (even though I have electronic one on hand).  Sooo nice job almost banning an item via convoluted processes, where it is not even regulated on federal level.  

I am not ready for the hassle of chasing all this down. Sorry. 
Yevgeny

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by onlylead Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:35 pm

If this air pistol and related items are for sale again I'll take them

onlylead

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:58 pm

onlylead wrote:If this air pistol and related items are for sale again I'll take them
Waiting for contact from the seller.  I sent my email address following request.  I will take this pistol and everything that comes with it unless something gets on the way as with Yevgeny.  If that would be the case, I'll step out and let you know.

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey2596 Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:09 am

The moderator requires 5 posts in order to use PM. This should be 4.

mikey2596

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey2596 Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:10 am

The moderator requires 5 posts in order to use PM. This should be 5.

mikey2596

Back to top Go down

Post by tovaert Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:22 am

Has this been sold? If not I'll also get in line.

tovaert

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey2596 Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:48 pm

I think there are two ahead of you but if something falls through I will let you know.

mikey2596

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:01 pm

Arranging for processing payment.
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by weber1b Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:50 pm

In NJ anything that shoots metal projectiles is considered a firearm.  There is some language, but basically that.  So these "firearms" (air guns, stabilized slingshots, crossbows, etc.) need a pistol permit no different than regular pistol.  Except on a federal level these items are not considered firearms (lets call them air pistols as in this case).  New electronic permits in NJ by nature HAVE to go through NICS which includes federal check....but air pistols are not recognized as firearm on federal level, so they cannot go through NICS.  See the dilemma here? So the municipality would have to issue a different type of permit, other than an electronic one, like a paper permit.  Except by the definition of their processes they cannot issue anything other than electronic.  Anything else would have to be an exception and they have to find out how to do it properly, plus this would be an all new permit filing (even though I have electronic one on hand).  Sooo nice job almost banning an item via convoluted processes, where it is not even regulated on federal level.  

I am not ready for the hassle of chasing all this down. Sorry. 
Yevgeny

This must be one of those common sense gun laws we keep hearing about..... Just saying.

Joel

weber1b

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:28 pm

Yeaa no sense. NJ had it for a while. Paintball arenas actually fought it decades ago and won. So the plastic projectiles are allowed, but metal are = firearms. It is the new permit implementation vs air guns that puzzles everyone. Like I said, I have an E permit but cannot use it.
This makes me think about new NY state laws re semiauto rifles that made rifles unsellable. You need a new permit, but no one knows what it is or how to get it.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Webb Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:07 am

A very similar situation happened in Michigan when a CPL was first able to be used in lieu of a pistol purchase permit. There was a catch 22 with air pistols. That was around 2005 or so. It has since been rectified. One day a customer could hand me cash and I'd hand him his air pistol(no permit/no paperwork), and the next day I couldn't sell an air pistol period.

Dan Webb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down