Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kruger Targets Update

5 posters

Go down

Kruger Targets Update Empty Kruger Targets Update

Post by Chase Turner Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:47 pm

Good Evening,

First, thank you kindly for the orders that many of you have placed with me. I appreciate your business!

Second, I'm beginning to run low on ISSF air pistol targets- so if you'd like to pick up some, now would probably be a good time. I do have a few sighter targets available if interested.

Third, I've created a Google Form specifically to ask about what sorts of targets you, your friends, club, etc., would potentially be interested in seeing available for purchase. This is not a solicitation- I'm simply trying to figure out what targets I need to have made in the next run such that I can meet the outstanding demand. I will be collecting email addresses from the form, which I'll use for the occasional sales email and notification of targets you are interested being made available.

The link to the form is: https://forms.gle/NSLrbn5YwgRQ43Rd7 Please feel free to share with anyone you think may be interested in getting Kruger targets in the format you shoot on.

If you have questions, comments, orders, or targets you'd like to see in the future, please email me at krugerpremiumtargets@gmail.com and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Best,
Chase

Chase Turner

Back to top Go down

Kruger Targets Update Empty Re: Kruger Targets Update

Post by mikemargolis Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:40 am

Can you get 10m air pistol targets with the NRA logo printed on them?

Seems Kruger no longer makes these, but my Air Pistol league manager says the NRA requires their logo on the target in order for the match to be official.

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:50 am

I thought the NRA didn't renew the license to Kruger? I was disappointed to hear that. Did they end up getting it reinstated?

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:11 am

zanemoseley wrote:I thought the NRA didn't renew the license to Kruger? I was disappointed to hear that. Did they end up getting it reinstated?
I heard the other way around. NRA wanted some sort of something (contract, insurance, money?) from Kruger, and Kruger declined.

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Turner Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:26 am

mikemargolis wrote:Can you get 10m air pistol targets with the NRA logo printed on them?

Seems Kruger no longer makes these, but my Air Pistol league manager says the NRA requires their logo on the target in order for the match to be official.

That's correct, Kruger no longer prints targets with the NRA seal. Also, your league manager is correct- if you are shooting under NRA sanctioning, you must use targets with the NRA seal for it to qualify as a sanctioned match.

It is possible to get Kruger targets printed with the NRA logo. To be successful, what would need to be done is to hammer out an agreement with the third party administrator of licensing the NRA seal/IP that would not add significantly to the cost of the targets. Previously, there was a percentage deal- a small percentage of the import invoice was collected and sent to the NRA. However, the NRA changed how they wanted to license their seal/IP, and now it is a flat fee, which (and who didn't see this coming, adding a middleman) is higher than even the best years worth of remittance under the previous percentage deal.

So, it is possible, but financially unwise. There isn't enough volume to make it worthwhile, which along with low margin to begin with, means this isn't on my roadmap at this time. If things change in the future, then I'm always happy to revisit the issue and potentially bring back quality NRA competition legal Kruger targets.

In the meantime, I'm happy to have the various B targets created without the NRA seal, which are legal for CMP use, outlaw matches, and suitable for training.

Thanks,
Chase

Chase Turner

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:10 am

I'm just glad they're available again, with or without the NRA seal. I love them for training. There's no better target than Kruger or Edelmann. For some reason nobody on this side of the pond has decided to make targets with really nice cardstock that cuts as good of a hole.

zanemoseley

Sa-tevp likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Turner Yesterday at 3:46 pm

bump

Survey is open until 12/31. Please let me know your thoughts on targets you'd like to see available. If you have some rifle targets you are interested in, please either fill out the survey and let me know what you are thinking in the comments.

Chase Turner

Back to top Go down

Post by jwax Yesterday at 4:28 pm

I still think a sample variety pack of Kruger targets would draw a lot of new sales. If folks have not seen how great they are, they won't buy. 
Since this is a Bullseye forum, some B2, B3, and Repair Centers for B6 and B8's would be a good start.
B40's for us airgunners too!
jwax
jwax

http://www.shooterstechnology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Turner Yesterday at 4:32 pm

I hear you John- I'm working on it, but probably won't have anything figured until the new year.

QQ: In your opinion, will not being NRA stamped impact purchasing decisions for clubs and leagues?

Chase Turner

Back to top Go down

Post by jwax Yesterday at 4:43 pm

Thanks Chase, and to answer your question, no, the NRA stamp doesn't mean much to most of the leagues I've participated in in New York State. We want scoring to be better, that's all. 
John
jwax
jwax

http://www.shooterstechnology.com

Chase Turner likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Turner Yesterday at 4:47 pm

Will be in touch after first of the year, John- and again, thanks for reaching out!

-Chase

Chase Turner

jwax likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Yesterday at 7:02 pm

Since CMP is sanctioning matches, perhaps Kruger can get CMP approval for your targets.
Wobbley
Wobbley

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Turner Yesterday at 7:13 pm

Wobbley wrote:Since CMP is sanctioning matches, perhaps Kruger can get CMP approval for your targets.
 I already have CMP approval, per Jim Henderson.

Chase Turner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down