Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selling: Tungsten carbide barrel weights for Pardini New

+3
Danehogle
toddcfii
croesler
7 posters

Go down

Selling: Tungsten carbide barrel weights for Pardini New Empty Selling: Tungsten carbide barrel weights for Pardini New

Post by croesler 11/18/2022, 7:49 pm

$12.50 each + shipping. Beveled ends professionally machined. Factory each = 14.25 grams, tungsten carbide each = 26.5 grams.  Noticeable recoil difference!
The above description is for the 6-weight model pistols.  If you have a different configuration let me know and I'll look into options.
Attachments
Selling: Tungsten carbide barrel weights for Pardini New Attachment
Tungsten1.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(98 Kb) Downloaded 5 times

Last edited by croesler on 11/19/2022, 2:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
croesler
croesler

Back to top Go down

Selling: Tungsten carbide barrel weights for Pardini New Empty Re: Selling: Tungsten carbide barrel weights for Pardini New

Post by toddcfii 11/18/2022, 8:10 pm

These are for the modern 6 weight? I assume they are a different size than the 4 weight?
toddcfii
toddcfii

Back to top Go down

Selling: Tungsten carbide barrel weights for Pardini New Empty 6 vs. 4 weights

Post by croesler 11/18/2022, 8:16 pm

Todd - I corrected the original offer confirm 6 weight configuration.  If you give me diameter, length for the 4 weight barrel set-up I'll check and get back to you. Also if you have the weight for the 4 configuration let me know and I can determine how much difference it would make.  I had two sets made for myself and the vendor said they'd be happy to make more. Depends on diameter and length I'd guess.  Cliff
croesler
croesler

Back to top Go down

Selling: Tungsten carbide barrel weights for Pardini New Empty Re: Selling: Tungsten carbide barrel weights for Pardini New

Post by Danehogle 11/18/2022, 9:24 pm

Do you mean Tungsten Carbide weights? 
Pure tungsten weights are 30 to 31 grams. 
Are these old 8mm endmills that have been cut down?
Danehogle
Danehogle

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 11/18/2022, 10:55 pm

Sounds like tungsten carbide.
Priced like TC also.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Danehogle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Selling: Tungsten carbide barrel weights for Pardini New Empty Weight material

Post by croesler 11/18/2022, 11:27 pm

Tungsten carbide cut from correct diameter bar stock.  End-mills of right size not readily available. Bought the bars, had it cut to length and ends beveled.  Absolutely no reason someone couldn't make their own the same way.
croesler
croesler

Back to top Go down

Post by NukeMMC 11/18/2022, 11:38 pm

croesler wrote:Todd - I corrected the original offer confirm 6 weight configuration.  If you give me diameter, length for the 4 weight barrel set-up I'll check and get back to you. Also if you have the weight for the 4 configuration let me know and I can determine how much difference it would make.  I had two sets made for myself and the vendor said they'd be happy to make more. Depends on diameter and length I'd guess.  Cliff
I believe you'll find the 4 weight versions are 7mm diameter and 33.5mm long.
Each of the 4 weights is 24 grams.
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

Post by NukeMMC 11/19/2022, 12:12 am

Walther GSP Expert weights are 8.9mm diameter and 35mm long. They have a 3mm diameter and 8mm deep bore in them for the Walther spring. I would bet a Pardini 8mm spring would fit as the standout length of the Walther spring is 9.5mm.
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 11/19/2022, 2:42 am

Danes clarification, TC is slightly lighter, and cheaper, than the commercially made Tungsten rods.
Both will work, but do have a difference in weight.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs 11/19/2022, 12:20 pm

"Machining" carbide is significantly different than machining pure tungsten... try filing it and you'll have a dull file and minimal change in the carbide

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 11/19/2022, 2:15 pm

Machining includes cylindrical grinding with silicon carbide or CBN wheels.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs 11/19/2022, 5:59 pm

Or an EDM...

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by swissyhawk 11/20/2022, 1:02 pm

PM sent

swissyhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down