Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shout Out to Bruce Martindale and fellow Bullseye League Shooters for their help in developing skills.

+3
mspingeld
John Dervis
Gustavo1957
7 posters

Go down

Shout Out to Bruce Martindale and fellow Bullseye League Shooters for their help in developing skills. Empty Shout Out to Bruce Martindale and fellow Bullseye League Shooters for their help in developing skills.

Post by Gustavo1957 4/18/2023, 7:27 pm

There was another shooter on our team with a higher average, but didn't make enough matches. So technically I wasn't the highest. Shooting is for fun. I'm satisfied with my consistent average , not the trophy.
My point is with the help of Bruce and others you can develop skills and enjoy yourself. 
I retired at 60 -  5 years ago and finally started shooting indoor Bullseye. Lots of fun and meeting good people.
I started at about  a 170 average and then worked up to a 240. Alternated shooting both hands between 6 hand and shoulder surgeries. Then I ran into Bruce's Bullseye  training at a LGS seminar. Then saw him a few more times at local gun clubs and reinforced what I kept hearing and practicing. That helped me get from 240 up to 280. Highest this year I shot was a 288/8x. 

I discovered after a year or two was to stop chasing a better gun and equipment and shoot more with what you have.  I'm lucky to have a HS that functions well with an LSP barrel and have two of them.

Shout Out to Bruce Martindale and fellow Bullseye League Shooters for their help in developing skills. Centra10
Shout Out to Bruce Martindale and fellow Bullseye League Shooters for their help in developing skills. 2023_b10

Gustavo1957

Steve B, john bickar, bruce martindale, swehrman, chopper, ermakevin, Wobbley and like this post

Back to top Go down

Shout Out to Bruce Martindale and fellow Bullseye League Shooters for their help in developing skills. Empty Re: Shout Out to Bruce Martindale and fellow Bullseye League Shooters for their help in developing skills.

Post by John Dervis 4/18/2023, 10:03 pm

Nice job. Congratulations. 

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Shout Out to Bruce Martindale and fellow Bullseye League Shooters for their help in developing skills. Empty Re: Shout Out to Bruce Martindale and fellow Bullseye League Shooters for their help in developing skills.

Post by mspingeld 4/18/2023, 11:00 pm

Congrats! Bruce's book is very helpful. A different way of saying things that really resonated with me.

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK 4/19/2023, 5:49 am

Are you guys implying that you have to earn the points rather than trying to buy them?
Maybe I should try a little harder.
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

mspingeld likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale 4/19/2023, 8:04 am

Wow! Congratulations Gus, you also worked for it.

I really enjoy seeing people succeed. I love this sport and have trained a few of this years Most Improved sportsmen.
T hank you for your kindness.

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Gustavo1957 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gustavo1957 4/19/2023, 9:01 am

Need to add that I'm not a full Bullseye shooter since I only shoot 22. And it's a fun sport which is important in retirement. I think retired people have less stress and can concentrate on certain activities. Younger people that have to rush home from work, supper, kids, etc.. have a lot more to juggle and worry about.

I want to work on CF next - weak LH shooting 'normal" stance compared to my RH turned 90 degrees for 22 with a fused wrist.

Hoping I have enough time left to make some progress.

Gustavo1957

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale 4/19/2023, 11:05 am

mspingeld wrote:Congrats! Bruce's book is very helpful. A different way of saying things that really resonated with me.

Not to mention at least 3 unique concepts, Walking, TOTO, and the 3 bears…

Thanks Mike, I see it in your results as well as your form.

bruce martindale

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ 4/20/2023, 7:58 pm

Clap clap clap clap clap!!! That is awesome to read as a new-ish 60 year old recently temporarily, voluntarily retired. I salute you Gus!

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve K 4/21/2023, 11:36 am

Great to hear you improved so much. I practically liked your statement, "... to stop chasing a better gun and equipment and shoot more with what you have". I haven't learned that concept yet, but I thoroughly agree with you.

Steve K

bruce martindale and djperry2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale 4/21/2023, 3:21 pm

Don't even get me started on guitars!

bruce martindale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down