Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone know where I can get Lewis Lead Remover parts?

+4
bruce martindale
inthebeech
james r chapman
tomd999
8 posters

Go down

Anyone know where I can get Lewis Lead Remover parts? Empty Anyone know where I can get Lewis Lead Remover parts?

Post by tomd999 6/21/2024, 9:40 am

Hiya,

I used to get them from Brownell’s but the’ve been on back order for like forever it seems. I have a couple revolvers I use for steel/action and with the velocity needed for power factors along with the long jump from case to forcing cone they lead pretty well…..

Thanks,
Tom

tomd999

Back to top Go down

Anyone know where I can get Lewis Lead Remover parts? Empty Re: Anyone know where I can get Lewis Lead Remover parts?

Post by james r chapman 6/21/2024, 10:19 am

Try just using chore boy copper scrubber wires twisted on a cleaning brush. Mount it in a drill. Should work for you.

Anyone know where I can get Lewis Lead Remover parts? Img_5910
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Al likes this post

Back to top Go down

Anyone know where I can get Lewis Lead Remover parts? Empty Re: Anyone know where I can get Lewis Lead Remover parts?

Post by inthebeech 6/21/2024, 10:54 am

LS Stuff
They're mostly known for (excellent) cast bullet lube but I saw the LLR kits there as well.

Last edited by inthebeech on 7/1/2024, 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale 6/21/2024, 12:38 pm

Firebrush it, quick and easy

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodger Barthlow 6/21/2024, 1:21 pm

Have the forcing cones in your revolvers been opened up for lead bullets?
I seem to remember that they needed to be opened to keep from leading badly. Does 14 degrees sound right?
Rodger Barthlow
Rodger Barthlow

Back to top Go down

Post by jdumdei 7/1/2024, 4:13 pm

I had some of those and was going to send them to you but I moved last year and they have disappeared. I haven't used them in years and have gone to the Chore Boys on a brush as suggested by James.

jdumdei

Back to top Go down

Post by Scota4570 7/6/2024, 2:30 pm

One caution, never spin up a brush or chore boy in the barrel with a power tool.  

The chemical de leading cloths work great on leaded bores for me.

Scota4570

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale 7/6/2024, 2:54 pm

5 seconds of a cigar lighter or mini torch up the pipe then brush and patch. Gone in a jiffy.

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Multiracer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by croesler 7/10/2024, 7:50 am

I was wondering what a "firebrush" was...  Thanks for clarifying Bruce!
croesler
croesler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down